SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
watercayman

Cayman Islands Floor Plan - Your Suggestions Much Appreciated!

15 years ago

Hi Folks,

First time post here - but have been reading the many helpful posts for some time. Thank you all for your excellent advice!

I'd love to hear your comments on the rough design we've created so far - mainly on the layout. The furniture and some of the smaller details are just for reference at the moment.

Some info:

Lot type = Canal front, .36 acres. approx 110' wide by 145 long. View is better to the right side, thus the slant.

Sun - comes from the front right in the morning, rear left in the evening. (also reason for the slant)

Heat - it's hot as heck here all the time. Thus no heater, and ICF construction. no mud room, coat room, etc.

Family - My wife and I have a 3 year old daughter who will take the far left rear bedroom. Possibly another on the way. Middle rear bedroom reserved for occasional guests. Wanted to be on top floor to be near the children.

Dining room - will be a playroom for the children for us. Sized (hopefully) for a resale dining room though.

Pool out back - thus the door in the bathroom for anyone wanting a shower after a swim.

Size - first floor = 2231 Square feet - 682 for garage (they measure everything here for square feet!) = 1549. Second floor = 2147 square feet - 138 open stairway = 2009. Total = 3560 + 300 []foot deck.

Time - We plan to live in this house for at least 5 years, perhaps closer to 10 and then sell.

I know the angles are a bit different. I'm curious as to your thoughts - too strange? Hard to sell? We like the way it's turned out, but it's also important to us what a future buyer would like!

I'm sorry - I'm not sure how to do two links. The link below is first floor. For the link to the second floor, change the 1 with a 2 at the end of the address.

Thank you very much in advance for your time and thoughts!

Mike

Here is a link that might be useful:

Comments (19)