SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
ericmr

2 months review on our new kitchen

ericmr
16 years ago

We completed our NYC apartment reno about 10 weeks ago, which i think is plenty of time for a good review of our choices.

Our kitchen is open to the dining area/living room, so looks and quiet were important to us. we also cook a lot, so we couldn't sacrifice too much functionality.

Refrigerator: Liebherr 30" with a custom panel, no icemaker. I love it - my first time w/a counter depth fridge, and its fantastic - never lose food no matter how much stuff i put in there. it keeps temperature really evenly, and holds a lot of stuff. that little shelf up top holds a surprising amount of stuff - the kind of stuff i used to always lose in my old refrigerator. very quiet

Range: Bertazzoni 30". mixed here - it looks fantastic, and cleans up great. the interior is small, which i knew going in, but it bothers me more than i thought it would. the starting up mechanism isn't bad, but the flames aren't always that consistent, especially on the largest burner, but the oven is very consistent and my baked goods have been coming out very well. and the lowest oven temp is 275, which has been problematic for us

Dishwasher: Bosch SHE58. I love it. Once i figured out the best way to lay out our dishes i realised that it holds a ton of stuff. the cycle is awfully long (104 minutes), but i run it overnight so that doesn't matter. and its really quiet.

Washer/Dryer: Bosch Axxiss, kept under counter in the kitchen, dryer vented to the outside. These have been really good - remarkably quiet, and i actually like the crazy jet engine sound the washer makes. we only use the most basic cycles, but the clothes have come out great.

Microwave: Sharp over the counter model. We barely use microwaves, but this one looks great, and it really integrates well with our other appliances. it seems to work fine - i honestly get most use out of the timer as the bertazzoni doesn't have a clock of any kind.

Hood: Kobe recirculating hood. i'm not convinced it really does much, but the lights are great to have and it looks good.

We bought everything but the hood and microwave from the Expo in Bridgewater NJ. They were great - good prices, great delivery (they give a tight 2 hour window and then call when they're within 15/30 minutes). all of the merchandise arrived in good condition and (knock on wood)is working fine. we needed to return the washing machine b/c we ended up needing a different one (mix up on part of the electrician), and even though it had been about 5 month since delivery they took it back, no problem (we were charged the restocking fee, but i have no problem with that)

Comments (7)