SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
lotodig

What a mess I've created on my PC

lotodig
13 years ago

It started out with trying to download Java JRE and Java applet, (so I could play some of the games that I had put on my computer, ie, zigsaw puzzle.) Well of course I ran into all kinds of trouble, I went to search after search help sites but only learned that there was a problem with Java and Vista Firefox. I tried to delete all files of any and all Java files (Revo Unistaller) so I could reinstall Java.(Never got that done, everywhere I look I still find them Java files in Program files, start menu.

To make a long story short as I can:

I crashed Firefox, lost the whole thing. Thanks to RC I had kept IE as she suggested) and I reinstalled FF. Of course I had to redo all my settings.

Finally got that done, but now I've lost the letters in Incredimail. The heading is there but the body of the email won't open and all previous mail is gone. I've spent hours and hours trying to follow directions on the Incredimail help site and web sites like Howto.com to recover ...never had any luck. I read the recent post on here where someone lost their emails but didn't get any where there.

I could go on and on, but that's the gist of it.

Any and all help will be very much appreciated.

I have HP, 64, Vista FF

thanks

Comments (86)

• lotodig
    Original Author
    13 years ago
    last modified: 9 years ago

OK zep, I thank you for your time and effort. If I can get the hijackthis log file in a place that I can copy it, will it be ok if I post it for you to look at? I have gotten the update for hijackthis, 2.0.4, so maybe I can get better results.

Again, thank you so much.

• zep516
    13 years ago

Java's advice, I think we tried that..

Here is a link that might be useful: Java

• Related Discussions

I've created a drainage disaster!

Q

Comments (12)
    I'm new to all of this gardening stuff but... put the gravel back ASAP. Don't mess with it particularly because its so close to the house. If one day the owner came by and saw it and down the road there was a problem with the foundation in ANY way, they could easily say it was never there until you made your garden. The likelihood of whether ANY of that could happen is irrelevant... don't put yourself in the position to have to be on the defense. Walmart has HUGE plastic planters (24" dia, 2.5' high or so) link is below. I have two in red (they have red, tan and green) with annuals and perennials and I love them. I filled the bottom with rubber mulch so I wouldn't have to fill them all with dirt and keep them light (drilled holes, too). They're perfect for me this year - new house with lots of garden maintenance but 3 dogs... Here is a link that might be useful: walmart planter
    ...See More

I've created a monster !

Q

Comments (3)
    Liza, she only feeds it once a month? Impressive; generally they like dilute fert with every watering. Also, the pot really should be 1/3 the diameter of the plant, but I guess whatever works... AVs like 60-70% humidity; I'm guessing the humidifier helps counteract forced air heating. Sounds like it's a happy baby, and I'll just bet you're secretly proud it's doing so well. Korina (speaking from experience, having adopted out lots of babies)
    ...See More

Ooooooh! I've messed it up!! Help?

Q

Comments (4)
    Morgalor, I don't think you need to take out the worms or any of the food. You say you started with maybe 200 worms. That is about 1/4 lb. And, you say you started in Sept. The following applies to bins AFTER THE BIN IS WELL ESTABLISHED: They will double in number about every 90 days, and they will consume about 1/2 their weight in food a day. But THE COLD WILL AFFECT BOTH THESE ITEMS AND SLOW BOTH OF THEM DOWN. So lets say that you have 200 worms in Sept. That's about 6 months. So you should (hypothetically) have about 800 now. That's still a little less than a pound. So they would only be eating about 1/2 lb. per day. That's well established and without the cold. Sounds like you may have overfeed them a bit! :) Remember - the cold will slow down the processing of the worms drastically! The small flies are probably fruit flies/fungus gnats. Where I live they are just now beginning to come out. They aren't harmful to the bin but can be a nuisance if you should bring it indoors. They will help to process the remaining food scraps. You may want to buy more worms, or you may be patient and wait for yours to copulate, or you could start a regular composting bin to handle the food scraps till the worms can keep up. Cooked veggies are ok. Good luck and don't be discouraged. Keep reading here and before you know it you will be an old pro.
    ...See More

The monster I've created! LOL

Q

Comments (13)
    AJ, Her Mother won't let her wear too many of the things I make her to school. Where we live red clay is abundant and on the play ground she gets red clay on her clothes. Since it's finally getting cold here she's letting her wear a few things. She wore the b'day outfit to Wal-Mart with me Sat and several people complimented her and she very quietly said "thank you". I don't know if she'll want to copy the dresses or hire mother and me. She's already doing me like I did mother, I'd volunteer her for anything because I thought she could make anything. Madison has me doing things for others and promises these services too. Susan
    ...See More
  • zep516
    13 years ago

By all means post it, I want to see if any hints of Java are in it.

The link below is java help on the error

Here is a link that might be useful: Java workaround

• lotodig
    Original Author
    13 years ago

Got it done, got the latest version and went around the another way.

Logfile of Trend Micro HijackThis v2.0.4
    Scan saved at 7:44:42 PM, on 09/19/2010
    Platform: Windows Vista SP2 (WinNT 6.00.1906)
    MSIE: Internet Explorer v7.00 (7.00.6002.18005)
    Boot mode: Normal

Running processes:
    C:\Program Files (x86)\Intel\Intel Matrix Storage Manager\IAAnotif.exe
    C:\Program Files (x86)\incredimail\bin\IncMail.exe
    C:\Program Files (x86)\google\GoogleToolbarNotifier\GoogleToolbarNotifier.exe
    C:\Program Files (x86)\EasyBloom\EasyBloom.exe
    C:\Program Files (x86)\SUPERAntiSpyware\SUPERAntiSpyware.exe
    C:\hp\support\hpsysdrv.exe
    C:\Windows\SysWOW64\rundll32.exe
    C:\Program Files (x86)\HP\HP Software Update\hpwuSchd2.exe
    C:\Program Files (x86)\HP\Digital Imaging\bin\HpqSRmon.exe
    C:\Program Files (x86)\Common Files\Real\Update_OB\realsched.exe
    C:\Program Files\Alwil Software\Avast5\AvastUI.exe
    C:\Program Files (x86)\incredimail\bin\ImApp.exe
    C:\Program Files (x86)\Windows Media Player\wmplayer.exe
    C:\Windows\SysWOW64\notepad.exe
    C:\Program Files (x86)\Mozilla Firefox 4.0 Beta 1\firefox.exe
    C:\Program Files (x86)\Trend Micro\HijackThis\HiJackThis.exe
    C:\Windows\SysWOW64\NOTEPAD.EXE

R1 - HKCU\Software\Microsoft\Internet Explorer\Main,Search Bar = Preserve
    R0 - HKCU\Software\Microsoft\Internet Explorer\Main,Start Page = http://news.google.com/nwshp?hl=en&tab=wn
    R1 - HKLM\Software\Microsoft\Internet Explorer\Main,Default_Page_URL = http://ie.redirect.hp.com/svs/rdr?TYPE=3&tp=iehome&locale=en_us&c=84&bd=Pavilion&pf=cndt
    R1 - HKLM\Software\Microsoft\Internet Explorer\Main,Default_Search_URL = http://go.microsoft.com/fwlink/?LinkId=54896
    R1 - HKLM\Software\Microsoft\Internet Explorer\Main,Search Page = http://go.microsoft.com/fwlink/?LinkId=54896
    R0 - HKLM\Software\Microsoft\Internet Explorer\Main,Start Page = http://ie.redirect.hp.com/svs/rdr?TYPE=3&tp=iehome&locale=en_us&c=84&bd=Pavilion&pf=cndt
    R0 - HKLM\Software\Microsoft\Internet Explorer\Search,SearchAssistant =
    R0 - HKLM\Software\Microsoft\Internet Explorer\Search,CustomizeSearch =
    R1 - HKCU\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Internet Settings,ProxyOverride = localhost
    R0 - HKCU\Software\Microsoft\Internet Explorer\Toolbar,LinksFolderName =
    O1 - Hosts: ::1 localhost
    O2 - BHO: AcroIEHelperStub - (18DF081C-E8AD-4283-A596-FA578C2EBDC3) - C:\Program Files (x86)\Common Files\Adobe\Acrobat\ActiveX\AcroIEHelperShim.dll
    O2 - BHO: RealPlayer Download and Record Plugin for Internet Explorer - (3049C3E9-B461-4BC5-8870-4C09146192CA) - C:\Program Files (x86)\Real\RealPlayer\rpbrowserrecordplugin.dll
    O2 - BHO: WormRadar.com IESiteBlocker.NavFilter - (3CA2F312-6F6E-4B53-A66E-4E65E497C8C0) - C:\Program Files (x86)\AVG\AVG8\avgssie.dll (file missing)
    O2 - BHO: Google Toolbar Notifier BHO - (AF69DE43-7D58-4638-B6FA-CE66B5AD205D) - C:\Program Files (x86)\Google\GoogleToolbarNotifier\5.6.5612.1312\swg.dll
    O2 - BHO: WOT Helper - (C920E44A-7F78-4E64-BDD7-A57026E7FEB7) - C:\Program Files (x86)\WOT\WOT.dll
    O3 - Toolbar: WOT - (71576546-354D-41c9-AAE8-31F2EC22BF0D) - C:\Program Files (x86)\WOT\WOT.dll
    O3 - Toolbar: FireShot - (6E6E744E-4D20-4ce3-9A7A-26DFFFE22F68) - C:\Users\gabe\AppData\Roaming\Mozilla\Firefox\Profiles\6bic73zo.default\extensions\(0b457cAA-602d-484a-8fe7-c1d894a011ba)\library\fsaddin-0.79.dll (file missing)
    O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [hpsysdrv] c:\hp\support\hpsysdrv.exe
    O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [VolPanel] "C:\Program Files (x86)\Creative\Sound Blaster X-Fi\Volume Panel\VolPanlu.exe" /r
    O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [SPIRunE] Rundll32 SPIRunE.dll,RunDLLEntry
    O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [HP Health Check Scheduler] c:\Program Files (x86)\Hewlett-Packard\HP Health Check\HPHC_Scheduler.exe
    O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [HP Software Update] C:\Program Files (x86)\HP\HP Software Update\HPWuSchd2.exe
    O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [hpqSRMon] C:\Program Files (x86)\HP\Digital Imaging\bin\hpqSRMon.exe
    O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [SunJavaUpdateReg] "C:\Windows\system32\jureg.exe" -delete
    O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [Adobe Reader Speed Launcher] "C:\Program Files (x86)\Adobe\Reader 9.0\Reader\Reader_sl.exe"
    O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [Adobe ARM] "C:\Program Files (x86)\Common Files\Adobe\ARM\1.0\AdobeARM.exe"
    O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [TkBellExe] "C:\Program Files (x86)\Common Files\Real\Update_OB\realsched.exe" -osboot
    O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [avast5] C:\PROGRA~1\ALWILS~1\Avast5\avastUI.exe /nogui
    O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [QuickTime Task] "C:\Program Files (x86)\QuickTime\QTTask.exe" -atboottime
    O4 - HKCU\..\Run: [IncrediMail] C:\Program Files (x86)\incredimail\bin\IncMail.exe /c
    O4 - HKCU\..\Run: [swg] "C:\Program Files (x86)\Google\GoogleToolbarNotifier\GoogleToolbarNotifier.exe"
    O4 - HKCU\..\Run: [PlantSenseSysAgent] "C:\Program Files (x86)\EasyBloom\EasyBloom.exe"
    O4 - HKCU\..\Run: [SUPERAntiSpyware] C:\Program Files (x86)\SUPERAntiSpyware\SUPERAntiSpyware.exe
    O4 - Startup: FastStone Capture.lnk = C:\Program Files (x86)\FastStone Capture\FSCapture.exe
    O8 - Extra context menu item: &ieSpell Options - res://C:\Program Files (x86)\ieSpell\iespell.dll/SPELLOPTION.HTM
    O8 - Extra context menu item: Check &Spelling - res://C:\Program Files (x86)\ieSpell\iespell.dll/SPELLCHECK.HTM
    O8 - Extra context menu item: Lookup on Merriam Webster - file://C:\Program Files (x86)\ieSpell\Merriam Webster.HTM
    O8 - Extra context menu item: Lookup on Wikipedia - file://C:\Program Files (x86)\ieSpell\wikipedia.HTM
    O9 - Extra button: ieSpell - (0E17D5B7-9F5D-4fee-9DF6-CA6EE38B68A8) - C:\Program Files (x86)\ieSpell\iespell.dll
    O9 - Extra 'Tools' menuitem: ieSpell - (0E17D5B7-9F5D-4fee-9DF6-CA6EE38B68A8) - C:\Program Files (x86)\ieSpell\iespell.dll
    O9 - Extra button: (no name) - (1606D6F9-9D3B-4aea-A025-ED5B2FD488E7) - C:\Program Files (x86)\ieSpell\iespell.dll
    O9 - Extra 'Tools' menuitem: ieSpell Options - (1606D6F9-9D3B-4aea-A025-ED5B2FD488E7) - C:\Program Files (x86)\ieSpell\iespell.dll
    O9 - Extra button: WeatherBug - (AF6CABAB-61F9-4f12-A198-B7D41EF1CB52) - C:\Program Files (x86)\AWS\WeatherBug\Weather.exe (file missing) (HKCU)
    O16 - DPF: (02BF25D5-8C17-4B23-BC80-D3488ABDDC6B) (QuickTime Object) - http://appldnld.apple.com.edgesuite.net/content.info.apple.com/QuickTime/qtactivex/qtplugin.cab
    O16 - DPF: (1851174C-97BD-4217-A0CC-E908F60D5B7A) (Hewlett-Packard Online Support Services) - https://h20364.www2.hp.com/CSMWeb/Customer/cabs/HPISDataManager.CAB
    O16 - DPF: (3860DD98-0549-4D50-AA72-5D17D200EE10) (Windows Live OneCare safety scanner control) - http://cdn.scan.onecare.live.com/resource/download/scanner/en-us/wlscctrl2.cab
    O16 - DPF: (56762DEC-6B0D-4AB4-A8AD-989993B5D08B) (OnlineScanner Control) - http://www.eset.eu/buxus/docs/OnlineScanner.cab
    O16 - DPF: (7530BFB8-7293-4D34-9923-61A11451AFC5) - http://download.eset.com/special/eos/OnlineScanner.cab
    O16 - DPF: (E2883E8F-472F-4FB0-9522-AC9BF37916A7) - http://platformdl.adobe.com/NOS/getPlusPlus/1.6/gp.cab
    O18 - Protocol: linkscanner - (F274614C-63F8-47D5-A4D1-FBDDE494F8D1) - C:\Program Files (x86)\AVG\AVG8\avgpp.dll (file missing)
    O18 - Protocol: wot - (C2A44D6B-CB9F-4663-88A6-DF2F26E4D952) - C:\Program Files (x86)\WOT\WOT.dll
    O20 - Winlogon Notify: !SASWinLogon - C:\Program Files (x86)\SUPERAntiSpyware\SASWINLO.dll
    O22 - SharedTaskScheduler: Component Categories cache daemon - (8C7461EF-2B13-11d2-BE35-3078302C2030) - C:\Windows\system32\browseui.dll
    O23 - Service: Adobe Active File Monitor V7 (AdobeActiveFileMonitor7.0) - Adobe Systems Incorporated - C:\Program Files (x86)\Adobe\Photoshop Elements 7.0\PhotoshopElementsFileAgent.exe
    O23 - Service: @%SystemRoot%\system32\Alg.exe,-112 (ALG) - Unknown owner - C:\Windows\System32\alg.exe (file missing)
    O23 - Service: avast! Antivirus - AVAST Software - C:\Program Files\Alwil Software\Avast5\AvastSvc.exe
    O23 - Service: avast! Mail Scanner - AVAST Software - C:\Program Files\Alwil Software\Avast5\AvastSvc.exe
    O23 - Service: avast! Web Scanner - AVAST Software - C:\Program Files\Alwil Software\Avast5\AvastSvc.exe
    O23 - Service: Creative Audio Service (CTAudSvcService) - Creative Technology Ltd - C:\Program Files (x86)\Creative\Shared Files\CTAudSvc.exe
    O23 - Service: @dfsrres.dll,-101 (DFSR) - Unknown owner - C:\Windows\system32\DFSR.exe (file missing)
    O23 - Service: ESET HTTP Server (EhttpSrv) - ESET - C:\Program Files\ESET\ESET NOD32 Antivirus\EHttpSrv.exe
    O23 - Service: ESET Service (ekrn) - ESET - C:\Program Files\ESET\ESET NOD32 Antivirus\x86\ekrn.exe
    O23 - Service: @%systemroot%\system32\fxsresm.dll,-118 (Fax) - Unknown owner - C:\Windows\system32\fxssvc.exe (file missing)
    O23 - Service: FLEXnet Licensing Service - Macrovision Europe Ltd. - C:\Program Files (x86)\Common Files\Macrovision Shared\FLEXnet Publisher\FNPLicensingService.exe
    O23 - Service: GameConsoleService - WildTangent, Inc. - C:\Program Files (x86)\HP Games\My HP Game Console\GameConsoleService.exe
    O23 - Service: Google Update Service (gupdate) (gupdate) - Google Inc. - C:\Program Files (x86)\Google\Update\GoogleUpdate.exe
    O23 - Service: Google Software Updater (gusvc) - Google - C:\Program Files (x86)\Google\Common\Google Updater\GoogleUpdaterService.exe
    O23 - Service: HP Health Check Service - Hewlett-Packard - c:\Program Files (x86)\Hewlett-Packard\HP Health Check\hphc_service.exe
    O23 - Service: Intel(R) Matrix Storage Event Monitor (IAANTMON) - Intel Corporation - C:\Program Files (x86)\Intel\Intel Matrix Storage Manager\IAANTMon.exe
    O23 - Service: @keyiso.dll,-100 (KeyIso) - Unknown owner - C:\Windows\system32\lsass.exe (file missing)
    O23 - Service: LightScribeService Direct Disc Labeling Service (LightScribeService) - Hewlett-Packard Company - c:\Program Files (x86)\Common Files\LightScribe\LSSrvc.exe
    O23 - Service: @comres.dll,-2797 (MSDTC) - Unknown owner - C:\Windows\System32\msdtc.exe (file missing)
    O23 - Service: @%SystemRoot%\System32\netlogon.dll,-102 (Netlogon) - Unknown owner - C:\Windows\system32\lsass.exe (file missing)
    O23 - Service: @%systemroot%\system32\psbase.dll,-300 (ProtectedStorage) - Unknown owner - C:\Windows\system32\lsass.exe (file missing)
    O23 - Service: @%systemroot%\system32\Locator.exe,-2 (RpcLocator) - Unknown owner - C:\Windows\system32\locator.exe (file missing)
    O23 - Service: @%SystemRoot%\system32\samsrv.dll,-1 (SamSs) - Unknown owner - C:\Windows\system32\lsass.exe (file missing)
    O23 - Service: SBSD Security Center Service (SBSDWSCService) - Safer Networking Ltd. - C:\Program Files (x86)\Spybot - Search & Destroy\SDWinSec.exe
    O23 - Service: ShadowExplorer Service (sesvc) - www.shadowexplorer.com - C:\Program Files (x86)\ShadowExplorer\sesvc.exe
    O23 - Service: @%SystemRoot%\system32\SLsvc.exe,-101 (slsvc) - Unknown owner - C:\Windows\system32\SLsvc.exe (file missing)
    O23 - Service: @%SystemRoot%\system32\snmptrap.exe,-3 (SNMPTRAP) - Unknown owner - C:\Windows\System32\snmptrap.exe (file missing)
    O23 - Service: @%systemroot%\system32\spoolsv.exe,-1 (Spooler) - Unknown owner - C:\Windows\System32\spoolsv.exe (file missing)
    O23 - Service: @%SystemRoot%\system32\ui0detect.exe,-101 (UI0Detect) - Unknown owner - C:\Windows\system32\UI0Detect.exe (file missing)
    O23 - Service: @%SystemRoot%\system32\vds.exe,-100 (vds) - Unknown owner - C:\Windows\System32\vds.exe (file missing)
    O23 - Service: @%systemroot%\system32\vssvc.exe,-102 (VSS) - Unknown owner - C:\Windows\system32\vssvc.exe (file missing)
    O23 - Service: @%systemroot%\system32\wbengine.exe,-104 (wbengine) - Unknown owner - C:\Windows\system32\wbengine.exe (file missing)
    O23 - Service: @%Systemroot%\system32\wbem\wmiapsrv.exe,-110 (wmiApSrv) - Unknown owner - C:\Windows\system32\wbem\WmiApSrv.exe (file missing)
    O23 - Service: @%ProgramFiles%\Windows Media Player\wmpnetwk.exe,-101 (WMPNetworkSvc) - Unknown owner - C:\Program Files (x86)\Windows Media Player\wmpnetwk.exe (file missing)
    O24 - Desktop Component 0: (no name) - http://vortex.accuweather.com/topix/images/header.jpg

--
    End of file - 11818 bytes

• zep516
    13 years ago

Thanks 1 more thing,

Double click the hijackthis Icon on the Desktop, Scroll down to Open the Misc Tools section Click it at the bottom. Under System tools click Open Uninstall Manager over to the right click Save List
    Save it to your Desktop so you may find it, copy and paste it in your next reply..

• lotodig
    Original Author
    13 years ago

Is this one suppose to be different??

Acrobat.com
    Acrobat.com
    ActiveCheck component for HP Active Support Library
    Adobe AIR
    Adobe AIR
    Adobe Flash Player 10 ActiveX
    Adobe Flash Player 10 Plugin
    Adobe Photoshop Elements 7.0
    Adobe Reader 9.3.4
    Apple Application Support
    Apple Software Update
    avast! Free Antivirus
    Bejeweled 2 Deluxe 1.1.3.2523
    Bejeweled Twist
    Bejeweled Twist 1.0
    Belarc Advisor 8.1
    Boggle Supreme
    calibre
    Calibrize 2.0
    CCleaner
    ClipX
    Compatibility Pack for the 2007 Office system
    CyberLink DVD Suite Deluxe
    Desktop Icon Position Saver (64-bit)
    Desktop Weather Authority
    EasyBloom Companion
    FastStone Capture 5.3
    FastStone Image Viewer 4.1
    Flower 2009
    Garmin City Navigator North America NT 2010.30
    Google Earth
    Google Update Helper
    Google Updater
    Graboid Video 1.71
    HijackThis 2.0.2
    Hotfix for Microsoft .NET Framework 3.5 SP1 (KB953595)
    Hotfix for Microsoft .NET Framework 3.5 SP1 (KB958484)
    HP Active Support Library
    HP Customer Experience Enhancements
    HP Customer Feedback
    HP Demo
    HP Photosmart Essential
    HP Recovery Manager RSS
    HP Total Care Advisor
    HP Update
    HPAsset component for HP Active Support Library
    HPSSupply
    HPTCSSetup
    ieSpell
    ImageShack Uploader 2.2.0
    IncrediMail
    IncrediMail 2.0
    IrfanView (remove only)
    LabelPrint
    LightScribe System Software 1.14.25.1
    LightScribeTemplateLabeler
    Malwarebytes' Anti-Malware
    Microsoft Office PowerPoint Viewer 2007 (English)
    Microsoft Visual C++ 2008 ATL Update kb973924 - x86 9.0.30729.4148
    Microsoft Visual C++ 2008 Redistributable - x86 9.0.21022.218
    Microsoft Visual C++ 2008 Redistributable - x86 9.0.30729.17
    Microsoft Works
    Mozilla Firefox (3.6.10)
    MSXML 4.0 SP2 (KB973688)
    My HP Games
    Notepad++
    OpenOffice.org 3.2
    PhotoMail Maker
    PhotoMail Maker
    PhotoshopdotcomInspirationBrowser
    Power2Go
    PowerDirector
    PowerDirector
    Python 2.5.2
    QuickTime
    RealPlayer
    Revo Uninstaller 1.89
    Secunia PSI
    ShadowExplorer 0.4
    Smart Defrag
    Sound Blaster X-Fi
    Spelling Dictionaries Support For Adobe Reader 9
    Spybot - Search & Destroy
    SpywareBlaster 4.4
    SUPERAntiSpyware Free Edition
    Update for Microsoft .NET Framework 3.5 SP1 (KB963707)
    Visual C++ 8.0 Runtime Setup Package (x64)
    WD Diagnostics
    Windows Installer Clean Up
    Windows Live OneCare safety scanner
    Windows Live OneCare safety scanner
    Windows Media Player Firefox Plugin
    WOT for Internet Explorer
    YellowstoneCD

• zep516
    13 years ago

Close all browser windows including this one then-----

Double click hijackthis Icon on the desktop Do a SYSTEM SCAN ONLY when the scan opens place a check mark in the entry below:

O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [SunJavaUpdateReg] "C:\Windows\system32\jureg.exe" -delete

Click Fixed checked.

Close hijackthis.

Reboot the computer.

Try to reinstall Java.

• lotodig
    Original Author
    13 years ago

Carefully followed your very clear instructions but it is still a no go. Same thing-
    "This software has already been installed on your computer>>>blah blah
    Error 1723

Well anyway like I said, thanks for trying so hard.

• zep516
    13 years ago

You also have 2 Anti virus programs running, Not Recommended. Did you pay for ESET NOD32 Antivirus and is it up to date? Running more then 1 Anti virus can cause all sorts of issues.

O23 - Service: ESET HTTP Server (EhttpSrv) - ESET - C:\Program Files\ESET\ESET NOD32 Antivirus\EHttpSrv.exe

O23 - Service: ESET Service (ekrn) - ESET - C:\Program Files\ESET\ESET NOD32 Antivirus\x86\ekrn.exe

O23 - Service: avast! Antivirus - AVAST Software - C:\Program Files\Alwil Software\Avast5\AvastSvc.exe
    O23 - Service: avast! Mail Scanner - AVAST Software - C:\Program Files\Alwil Software\Avast5\AvastSvc.exe

O23 - Service: avast! Web Scanner - AVAST Software - C:\Program Files\Alwil Software\Avast5\AvastSvc.exe

You will need to un-install 1 of these

• zep516
    13 years ago

Then there is this a bata version of Firefox running,
    C:\Program Files (x86)\Mozilla Firefox 4.0 Beta 1\firefox.exe

The add / remove list shows the correct version,

Mozilla Firefox (3.6.10)

Get some help here.

• zep516
    13 years ago

My guess is that someone uninstalled Eset nod32 Anti virus, through the add / remove programs list, that's why we don't see it there or running in an 04 entry. So there is left over files running.

• zep516
    13 years ago

Method 2: Uninstall NOD32 by NOD32 removal tool

See link

Here is a link that might be useful: remove-ESET-Nod32

• ravencajun Zone 8b TX
    13 years ago

saw signs of AVG in there too at one point, and a lot of orphans lingering. That is really being a persistent Java problem.

• mikie_gw
    13 years ago

error; 1723 (microsoft)

There is a problem with this Windows Installer package. A DLL required for this install to complete could not be run. Contact your support personnel or package vendor. Action [2], entry: [3], library: [4]
    Perhaps try reinstalling the windows installer.

Here is a link that might be useful: http://support.microsoft.com/kb/942288

• zep516
    13 years ago

The primary focus in getting rid of the 1723 error is to first find out whether it is a Java or Windows Installer error.

I don't think it was ever determined. The fact that we still saw Java in the log leaves me to believe there's still Java files on the pc for whatever reason, and that alone will cause the 1723 error as described on the Java site.

The next thing maybe is to run the windows installer clean up utility, that was mentioned above we never got that far. That will clean up failed installs or it claims to anyway.

More importantly once I saw the log there are several more problematic issues more serious then Java that need addressed first. Namely running the 64Bit AVG remover tool, then running the Nod23 Anti Virus tool. Then there's a beta version of Firefox 4.0 running.

Then there is this issue as reported by user then the whole computer starts flashing on and off???????

If you're going to use the windows installer approach use the windows installer clean up utility first, there's a good chance it may resolve it. But it still leaves a PC in a mess, with a lot of work to do.

My thoughts only on the matter. It's the approach I'd take.

For this user a full recovery maybe the best idea.

• lotodig
    Original Author
    13 years ago

Hello again, sorry I had to be away. I have read the postings that have been made since I was her last, and some I understand and some I don't.

So what should I do first?, try to do the windows installer clean up utility as Zep says or do a Windows installer download through the connecton that Mikie posted?

How do I correct the Fire Fox Beta issue?

Sounds pretty scary to me when a "full recovery" is mentioned as may be the best idea.

Right now I will go and do the ESET-Nod32 uninstall as per the link that zep posted above.

• zep516
    13 years ago

Do the ESET first. Then run the AVG remover tool in link below.

See where it says 64bit, download that and run it. See link.

Look in the programs file folder for Mozilla Firefox 4.0 Beta Right click the folder and choose delete. Careful don't delete the current version 3.6.10.

Let us know how that all goes. We can try the windows installer clean- up utility last.

Here is a link that might be useful: .avg.com

• lotodig
    Original Author
    13 years ago

Zep, I did the ESET thing, on the #1 instruction I could not find any Eset, or any Nod files in the program files.

So I tried #2 instruction and it turned into some foreign language (German, Dutch?) but I got through it best I could and did the reboot. How can I tell is the Eset Nod32 is gone?

If it's not gone will the Revo uninstaller take care of it?

• zep516
    13 years ago

Look in the program files folder for any left over Esetnod32 folders. Delete if found.

You can try Revo too.

• zep516
    13 years ago

My Internet connection is bad tonite. If I go away that's why, we can pick up tomorrow.

• lotodig
    Original Author
    13 years ago

ok will get back with you tomorrow...

Found no more EsetNod32 anywhere, looked in revo but nothing there.

I got the AVG removal done

I found the Mozilla Firefox 4.0 Beta file in the Program file, right clicked on it , (careful to make sure it was the Beta version) and deleted it.

But then the Icon on my desktop would not open Firefox, I couldn't figure out what else to do so I went into the deleted folder and found the delete I had just done and restore it. No problem then, Firefox started right up.

I checked the Firefox version that I am using now and it is the 3.6.10. So I need to know how to make a desktop Icon from this 3.6.10 version so that I can then delete the Beta version.

I'll wait for further instructions.....Thanks

• zep516
    13 years ago

While the Windows Installer Cleanup utility was found to a be a very useful tool by many, as it resolved installation problems, it was also recently found to damage some other components of the Windows operating system, installed on the computer.

Because of this reason, Microsoft has removed the Windows Installer Cleanup utility from its Download Center!

Run JavaRa again, double check for Java folders again delete if found. Try installing Java.

• zep516
    13 years ago

In the start menu just look for firefox left click on it drag it to the desktop to make a short cut to the program

• zep516
    13 years ago

The only thing left is to follow mikie advice

• zep516
    13 years ago

It's always the last thing you try, LOL

• zep516
    13 years ago

Could you do one thing for me.

Click > Start > Control Panel. Do you see a Java Icon there, looks like a coffee cup.

• lotodig
    Original Author
    13 years ago

It's a no go on the Java download. Same as before...1723 Error.

I'm not sure about the instructions from Mikie, should I do a reinstall? Do I have to uninstall the current files before reinstalling?

Here is what Mikie posted:

* Posted by mikie (My Page) on
    Tue, Sep 21, 10 at 5:25

error; 1723 (microsoft)

There is a problem with this Windows Installer package. A DLL required for this install to complete could not be run. Contact your support personnel or package vendor. Action [2], entry: [3], library: [4]
    Perhaps try reinstalling the windows installer.

Here is a link that might be useful: http://support.microsoft.com/kb/942288

• lotodig
    Original Author
    13 years ago

Zep there is not a cup of coffee but a picture of a sheet of paper, when I clicked on it it said Application Not Found with the big RED X.

At the top in the blue header it says, Explorer.EXE

• zep516
    13 years ago

Ok

Do this for me when you get a min,

Click > Start > Click Run copy this just as it is --------> msiexec /

Now in the run box paste that (Group of letters and the /) into it and hit OK. When the next window pops up...

At the very top you will see Windows Installer. Please provide the numbers after it for instance mine reads V5.0.7600.16385

Note: Run box should be in the start menu let me know if it's not there....

• zep516
    13 years ago

Hey if we don't get it. We sure are learning a great deal.

A number of people have asked me how to enable the old Run dialog that existed on every other version of Windows until Vista, and is still gone in Windows 7. One of the nice features of the old Run dialog was that it saved the history of what you had typed in.

see link in case

Here is a link that might be useful: enable the old Run dialog

• lotodig
    Original Author
    13 years ago

OK, I'll let you know how it goes.

• lotodig
    Original Author
    13 years ago

Here's the number : V4.5.6002.18005

By the way, the run option is not in the start menu, but I just type run in the search box and it comes right up..

• zep516
    13 years ago

I don't see a problem with that version.

So there's no confusion delete all these Icons that look like the one below from the desktop, right click them and delete them if there.

{{gwi:1496095}}

Then
    Do you have Ccleaner installed? If so open ccleaner, to the left click Registry, the blue block looking thing now scan for issues don't fix them. Tell me how many are found.

• lotodig
    Original Author
    13 years ago

Had none of those icons on my desktop

Ccleaner--did the Registry scan and I can't tell you how many there is, could be hundreds. To give you an indication, the little slide up and down bar on the side of window is very tiny.

The ones with the most listed are these:

Missing shared DLL
    Unused file exte
    ActiveX/com issue
    installer reference
    obsolete software

there are others, but these are the bulk of the results.

• zep516
    13 years ago

Fix the selected issues, when prompted save it, then click fix all issues.

Then open Cleaner again this time use the analyze let it run then click run cleaner, hit the analyzer tab again let it run, then hit run cleaner keep doing this until "0" BYTES is shown.

Then

Clean out your temporary internet files and temp files.

Download TFC by OldTimer click Here to your desktop. Click the Save file tab, save it to the desktop. Then double click it to run it.

Double-clickTFC.exe to run it.

Note: If you are running on Vista, right-click on the file and choose Run As Administrator

TFC will close all programs when run, so make sure you have saved all your work before you begin

* Click the Start button to begin the cleaning process.
    * Depending on how often you clean temp files, execution time should be anywhere from a few seconds to a minute or two.
    * Please let TFC run uninterrupted until it is finished.

Once TFC is finished it should restart your computer. If it does not, please manually restart the computer yourself to ensure a complete cleaning.

Then

Using the link below click it, choose the Save file

Save it to the desktop, once it downloads look for the Icon, looks like the one above that I posted, double click and see what happens.

Going to work back later. When you click on the link below a box will open save that file to the desktop, then go look for it and double click it.

Here is a link that might be useful: winoffline_installer Java,

• lotodig
    Original Author
    13 years ago

Well hell's bell.

No can do. Same results...Error 1723

• cat_ky
    13 years ago

Zep, do you know anything about this program. It says it should work for this problem, but since I have never heard of it, hesitate to recommend anyone else to use it.

Here is a link that might be useful: 1723 error

• ravencajun Zone 8b TX
    13 years ago

NO NO that is a red listed WOT site do not go there or use anything on that site! Likely a rogue program.

• cat_ky
    13 years ago

Thanks Raven, I kind of figured, that might be the case. Didnt have a lot of time here to check it out, cuz I am babysitting today.

• ravencajun Zone 8b TX
    13 years ago

Zep have y'all tried this and do the offline installation package as listed in option 2?
    Error 1723. There is a problem with this Windows installer package.
    What is the offline method for downloading and installing Java for a Windows computer?
    I have seen a few responses that using that offline method has worked. Of course do not install any of the extra 3rd party junk, Might even try doing the actual install part in safe mode once it has been downloaded as per the directions.

also I think the poster GreatCapuchin on this link may have the right idea in doing a registry edit for this.
    ERROR 1723 scroll on down to the post by that user.

• lotodig
    Original Author
    13 years ago

RC, yes we tried the offline download method. We have done a lot of other adjustments since then, including deleting (fixing) a ton of stuff out of the Ccleaner registry, so it may be effective now.

Not sure of course what Zep will want to do with the GreatCapuchin info that you pointed out. It makes as much sense as anything else I have seen and over the last week I have seen a ton of it.

• zep516
    13 years ago

I saw that link Great Caption, but wanted to hold off. I don't see a clear set of instructions to navigate the registry and instruct the user unless I read it wrong.

If I had the problem I'd open each key:
    HKEY CLASS ROOT
    HKEY CURRENT USER
    HKEY USERS
    KHEY CONFIG

Then click Software look for Java and remove key.

I can't give those instructions because I have never done it.

Unless you see a clear set of instructions there raven.
    Let me look a little closer tomorrow at it.

• ravencajun Zone 8b TX
    13 years ago

Zep I am not sure but in this link it discusses the registry keys which I think (repeat think) would be the same ones involved for this problem. I hear ya because I have not done it either and I am not a big fan of messing with the registry either.
    After uninstalling Java,

I was actually curious if the offline method had been tried using safe mode and if that made any difference at all.

• zep516
    13 years ago

You could try installing java in Safe Mode, problem with that is the Windows Installer is not available in safe mode, so then you would most likely get yet anther windows installer error, and really start to get side tracked.

That being said at this point anything is worth a try!

• zep516
    13 years ago

I saw the link. It does not mention the fix is meant for Vista, and talks about specific versions 1.4, 1.3. And it goes on to say or talk about being able to see the Java Icon in the control panel. I had this user check for that and from what lotodog said "there is no Java Icon in the controlpanel" , that leaves me to believe that java is uninstalled. I think it's still a windows registry issue though, just don't know where.

I have seen the issue before not the same error but a situation where Java could not be installed on my home forum, I did not work the topic but watched it the final thing was a reinstall or recovery.

I think at this time it's best to have lotodig seek outside help. Someone that can actually see the computer and make a better determination on how to proceed.

• mikie_gw
    13 years ago

For java install .. seems like lots of work.

Think if I was in your shoes I might run check disk scan, to make sure some date or filename hasnt gone hay-wire,,... I'd run SFC..... then probably would do an search ..advanced, hidden & system files on my drive letter for Java .. then follow with a search for Sun.

Kinda verify what you're deleting by looking in the folders first but but start deleting Java and Sun folders.

Even after most uninstalls there still left overs stuff ... a quick search here in vista;
    "C:\Users\mike\AppData\LocalLow\Sun"
    C:\Program Files\Common Files\Java
    C:\Program Files\Java
    C:\Program Data\Sun
    plus a few java files in windows\system32

I probably look thru the registry too, carefully after letting ccleaner have a go.

Then if it doesnt install.. wait till tomorrow to think about it.

• mikie_gw
    13 years ago

Here's a link to a screen capt that revo pro uninstalls.. black bold item. Vista 32 current java ...

Here is a link that might be useful:

• lotodig
    Original Author
    13 years ago

Hello again nice people, I have a question.

Since Zep has led me through so many steps and has helped me clean up some of the junk on my computer my question is this.

What will the results be if I can find no way to get Java downloaded? Is it absolutely necessary that Java be on the computer for things to work right. I see no results from NOT having it, other than not being to play some games, I play most any game I want without any trouble, most of them very graphic.

I still need to delete the Firefox Beta version and keep the right version, but I've got to straightened out the shortcut Icons on my desktop, they're both intertwined.

Other than that I don't seem to be having any problems. I don't know if there is something else on the Hijack list that needs to be addressed, Zep didn't say so I assume that there is not.

I did get the problem with Incredimail straightened out. That also was a register error.

After today I am headed for hopefully a wonderful trip to Yellowstone National Park. I will check on this thread as soon as I get back to see what you think about leaving well enough alone.

Thanks again for your time and sharing your knowledge.

• lotodig
    Original Author
    13 years ago

Mikie, I'm afraid that your tech knowledge is way way over my head, especially your last post. But thanks anyway.

• mike_kaiser_gw
    13 years ago

Backup critical data, format drive, reinstall O/S. Hells bells, 85 messages and nothing is fixed. Sometimes it's just better to start from scratch.