SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
paperbirch

Restoration Hardware lighting - any reassuring words out there?

paperbirch
16 years ago

(This is a cross post from the Lighting Forum, as it seems pretty quiet over there... apologies for the duplication. The "90 day warranty" described below is of particular concern as we are indeed building and may not even have installed the fixtures by 90 days!! PB)

Help! After "sticker shock" with light fixtures from standard lighting companies in our local lighting shop, I was all set to make the most of RH's current lighting sale: beautiful fixtures in the style I was looking for, at cheaper than I could get locally for "lesser products" even including the shipping/taxes/duty to Canada.

Sounds too good to be true? and I am starting to think it is. Didn't turn up too much direct comment on THS/GW boards but what I did find seemed to question RH light fixture quality at present. I called their customer service and they refused to tell me who manufactures their products or even from where they are imported (if they are). To top it all off, they tell me there is only a 90 day warranty.

ANYONE have any reassuring words for me? I love the look but this was to be a Big Order and I don't want to make a Big Mistake.

Thanks so much, PB.

Comments (7)