SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
worldmom_gw

So frustrated with Restoration Hardware! Grrr...

worldmom
15 years ago

If you don't want to read a vent, hit the "back" button quick.

Almost a month ago, I decided to order our cabinet hardware from RH while it was on sale, and while they were running their $100 off a $400 purchase coupon (it was an inaugural special!) ;o)

I had a rough idea how many of each knob, pull and latch I needed, and figured that if I ended up needing a few more, I could buy them later even if I had to pay full price. At least this way I would get most of them at a discounted price, and of course, if I ended up with too many, I could return them.

So, the pulls came, but only about half of them because they ended up being backordered. That was a problem, plus we decided they were smaller than we wanted. I called RH's customer service and asked if we could exchange the hardware but still get the sale price and coupon discount on the replacement hardware. The rep I spoke with had to run it by a supervisor, but she got approval to give us the pricing we wanted. She gave me her extension and asked me to call back once we knew exactly what we wanted.

A few hours later, I called back with our updated list, but she was gone for the day. I left a message and asked her to call me back as she had asked me to do if she didn't answer. A few days went by, and I called again and left a second message. Meanwhile, I boxed up and returned the hardware we didn't need, as she had instructed us to do. A few more days went by, and I made another call and left another message. Finally, I called and spoke with a different CS rep and explained the whole situation. She asked her supervisor about honoring the price for us and they WOULDN'T because too much time had gone by! Argh! I explained that it wasn't MY fault that so much time had gone by (duh!), but she told me my only hope was to talk to the rep who got permission in the first place. This woman walked a handwritten message over to the first rep's office (cubicle?) asking her to call me asap, and still I've gotten no call. (And I've carefully checked my landline caller ID and cell messages, and there's no sign of a call from her).

I am so frustrated, and worse - I'm stuck between a rock and a hard place because I already sent back the items I *thought* I was exchanging and I'm stuck with half an order. Our original hardware order was about $700 even with the sale and coupon, and my new order would be even more than that. It seems like a petty thing for them not to honor this for me.

Honestly, I'm tempted to return the whole shebang and get what I need elsewhere. I know where to get the identical latches, glass knobs and very similar bin pulls, but it's the drawer pulls that sold me on RH. I haven't been able to find anything I like as much anywhere else.

Obviously, I'll keep trying to reach the original rep, but any other ideas are appreciated!

Comments (10)