SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
kwb1999_gw

What's the best was to layout this master closet/laundry area?

kwb1999
9 years ago

Hi everyone!

Thanks so much for the help you've given me. Sorry to add another question! We are in the process of finalizing our plans, and I could use some feedback.

Here is a photo of our current 2nd floor plan. We would love the laundry room to be a bit bigger, as we'd like be able to use an ironing board in there; but, we don't want to sacrifice valuable space in our master closet, etc. (We've never had a walk-in closet or laundry room, so I have no sense of what reasonable sizes are! :))

It seems like we have 3 options (I'm open to any others, too!):
1. leave layout as-is
2. Get rid of the bump-out part of the walk-in-closet and add this to the laundry room.
3. Get rid of the linen closet; add that area to the walk-in closet; take the current walk-in closet bump-out and put it in the laundry room.

Which is the best option?

(Background: We are doing a major remodel of our house (gutting the first floor and adding a second floor) to make it more functional for our family of 4 and to make it better for entertaining. The final house will be around 2700 sq ft; we cannot add any more square footage. We live on a small lot in a fairly urban area.)

Thanks so much!

Here is a link that might be useful: House Plan

Comments (9)