SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
pkguy

Pondering a new pup

pkguy
15 years ago

I didn't mention this last month at least I think I didn't but my beloved old Parker had to be put down. It was very difficult on me as he had always been my favorite. Probably from all the years we did the dog therapy gig back in Calgary he was sort of special. Anyways he enjoyed a great long life for 14 years. It's not that little Ben isn't loved because he is but Parker was Parker.

Anyways, it appeared after Parker went that Ben was really depressed to the point that he wouldn't even come up into the kitchen for treats etc and sort of laid low around the house.

My solution to get him out of that funk was to ask my sister to find some barn kitties and bring a couple over. Well she did and the second those two little 9 weeks old kitties came in the house Ben sprang back to life. I had to take them back to her though the next day.

Ben isn't like Parker or our previous dog Bob who were good on their own.. he's 4 and grew up with Parker from being a pup and so I think he's used to having another dog in the house even though I personally said I'd never have two dogs again.

Well sis called me and said a friend of theirs who breeds Aussies has 8 pups and here they are. I'm leaning towards the black/white one that looks like a Border Collie but the tri-colored one is also cute, he looks a lot like Parker did...

The others are mostly merles which I quite like as well so it's difficult and I don't want to rush into something when I'm not totally sure. Regardless here's some pics

Comments (47)