SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
phyllis_philodendron

Need input on helping out someone in need

We just got word that a colleague of my husband's lost her husband on Saturday in a horrible industrial accident. The man also worked for several years here, so we all knew him - he was only 39 and left behind not only his wife but two small children, ages 4 and 18 months. We were all pretty shocked, needless to say.

So far I know the grandmother, who is in town, mentioned something about meals and childcare. While I would like to help with childcare, I'm not sure I could pull off watching four kids similar in ages while five months pregnant - my daughter still takes naps, as I'm sure theirs does, and I could easily picture myself on the floor with four kids crawling all over me. LOL

Other than that, I'm wondering what to make for meals. SOmething two small kids would like - although I can't use my kids as a guideline since they eat weird foods LOL (my son actually eats asparagus). I am also not sure about side dishes, as some things cannot be frozen (mashed potatoes?) and other things don't taste that great once reheated. Any recipe ideas would be greatly appreciated.

And as a sidenote, keep this family in your prayers - it is a terrible blow to all of us and a reminder of just how fragile life is.

Comments (15)

Sponsored
A.I.S. Renovations Ltd.
Average rating: 4.5 out of 5 stars15 Reviews
Custom Craftsmanship & Construction Solutions in Franklin County