SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
veggirl123

Need help/input fixing a countertop faucet hole issue

Lisa
7 years ago

We had our granite installed on Monday. Yay! We are DIYing our Ikea kitchen and the granite is the only thing we let someone else do. (We are not completely crazy.)

Being tired after 13 weeks of non-stop work, we forgot to think through where the faucet holes should go and when the installer asked where wanted the holes we had to decide on the spot. We disagreed on the placement of the water supply hole. We ended up with the water supply lever 8" from the faucet (maximum allowed) and I really I do not like it there. My SO originally did not want it too close to the faucet, but now he agrees with me that it should be closer. (This is a little late, unfortunately!)

We are thinking of having them come back to drill a new hole right in between the faucet and water supply holes so we can move the lever closer. Then we could use the existing hole for a soap dispenser.

Before we incur the expense of having them come out again just to drill one hole, my questions are:

1. Do you think that will be too crowded with 3 things within 8" of each other?

2. Any suggestions of a good soap dispenser that would go with the Kohler Karbon faucet. I am thinking of this Grohe but if you know of any other options that would look good, please share.

I could live with it where it is, even though I wish it were closer. I don't want to make another mistake, so trying to get some feedback first. Thanks!

Comments (11)