SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
girlsingardens

Home from the hospital.....

girlsingardens
15 years ago

Well when I went in to the dr for a regular check on Thursday my blood pressure was up and I have so much edema my legs look like tree trunks.It took 2 pokes until they could get blood from me and luckily it all looked good. So I was on orders to stay off my feet and to watch my blood pressure and vision. Yesterday my vision went blurry and my blood pressure shot up to 170/96. So they had me come in to the hospital for blood work and to monitor they baby. Unfortunately they forgot to tell me that I was going to have to stay at least overnight. Let us just say that I was a basket case then.

So they found a trace of protein in my urine and I get to be lucky enough to collect and save my urine for 24 hours and then take it to the lab. I am on blood pressure medication. It is surprising how quickly my pressure went back to normal and also the ammount of swelling that has gone down. Dr. said that I absolutely couldn't be alone with the kids. My mom took the kids home and are bringing back Rhiannon because she has preschool this week. So I am on complete bed rest except to eat or go to the bathroom for the next week. I am trying to line up helpers for the next few weeks. They mentioned that we could do an amnio on Friday to see if the baby is ready yet and then do an early c-section because of the dangerous blood pressure, swelling, headaches and slight contractions.

So if you have a chance say a prayer for us. We need the baby to stay in for at least another week, the longer the better. I will keep everyone updated.

Stacie

girlsingardens

Comments (17)

Sponsored
Dave Fox Design Build Remodelers
Average rating: 4.9 out of 5 stars49 Reviews
Columbus Area's Luxury Design Build Firm | 17x Best of Houzz Winner!