SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
andrew_scott77

finally home from the hospital:)

Andrew Scott
11 years ago

Yesterday morning around 8am my Surgeon's P.A. and told me that if I wanted to leave, I could. Even though my last surgery had been the night before at 4:30pm, I thought I would be ok to go home, as long as they gave me a walker...which they did.

Jose and I made it home here are around 11:30am on Tuesday. man, it was so good to get here, and then to see my plumerias and other tropicals was even better! Taj Mahol looks like it might just grace me with a couple open flowers. I don't think the buds got this big before they aborted last time.

OK, so now I am home and somewhat less scatter brained(Not getting more than a couple hours of sleep every night, and then being on steroids(which I found out from the nurse that the steroids can make the patient moody, craving sugars, hot and sweaty...just nasty stuff all around), pain meds, and probobly 6 or 7 other pills made me REALLY LOOPY!

Ok so my 1st surgery was much longer than what the docs had imagined. The good news is that everything went very well. I did suffer some minor blood loss but not enough to raise and eyebrow. They did fracture the vertabrae in order to have the space that they needed to get the artificial disc out. I think this is what made my srugery go even longer. I felt bad for my friends here online because I saw here and there how most people didn't know what was going on. I do want to say that Laura did know what was going on, but she didn't even have the whole story. I only talked with her a few times, but I am just great full that she was able to come on here and post some updates for me. That way at least you guys here had some sort of idea of what was going on.

OK, the 2ns surgery was ordered simply because the surgeons were not comfortable with keeping me under anesthesia for 3 more hours! That was how long it took to get these 2 broken screws out, plus there were a couple minopr things that they did like removing access scar tissue. Coming to after that surgery was so much easier that the first, but I Have to say ...the pain from my most recent surgery was 10'x as bad as the first surgery! Mainly I think it was because my leg was(and still is numb),still numb but it has improved every day after the surgery. I can lift my foot about 4 inches in the air, and considering that after the 1st surgery I couldn't move either the foot or leg, I know I am making progress. I should have full sensation again here in another week or 2. The nerve is just pinched right now from all the swelling.

My upper back is hurting pretty badly, but again I think it's just a matter of time and I will be good to go.

Thank you so much to everyone here who gave me words of encouragment and love. IT meant so much to me. Every time I would get on the IPAD2, I would check my fav. forums first to see who messaged me, or who commented on my post. It did truly bring a smile to my face everyday.

Over these next few days or even maybe weeks, you may not see me here as much. Just know that I will be thinking of you guys, and I will try and keep up with messages when I do get a chance to get back on line.

Take care and Thanks again!
Andrew

Comments (18)

Sponsored
EK Interior Design
Average rating: 5 out of 5 stars5 Reviews
TIMELESS INTERIOR DESIGN FOR ENDLESS MEMORIES