SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
bbenjamin21

Contractor saying he does not warranty

bbenjamin21
9 years ago

Hello everyone, I live in upstate new york. I had a home built after i had a house fire. Now it has been one year since move in back in June. My contractor came and did his "one year touchups" such as nail pops and taping. Along with those things i told him the driveway needs fixing. Where the driveway meets the garage foundation it has settled. Long story short i have been after him since then until now. After telling him i need a scheduled day by this wednesday or i will have to look into other options to get him to fix it. Well today i get a text message saying "heres a couple of pavers numbers and i hope you are not mislead into thinking we are paying for this to be fixed. I nor do any other contractors in NY warranty diveways and walk ways." Now i pulled out our contract and no wheres under the warranty section does it state those areas are not covered. As i prepare to take him to small claims court, I ask does anyone know of anything i dont know of? Im under the assumption that this will be an easy case as Im just trying to get this area fixed and no wheres in the contract does it state its not covered.

Comments (16)