SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
gbsim1

Heads Up re National Builders Supply Toilet Shipping

gbsim1
11 years ago

I'm writing to vent about the packing from National Builders Supply and their Toto toilets.

The main reason that I went with NBS despite several failed attempts to get them to price match (they found wiggle room everywhere) was because of everyone's praise for their great packing for toilets.

My husband accepted delivery for our 4 Totos. Eight boxes (three 2-piece, a one-piece and a box of lids. And I finally got around to asking him how long it took him to unpack them. He looked at me like I was from another planet.

There was NO packaging. None... Nada. Just eight boxes strapped to a pallet. Within the boxes not even a piece of paper. Just porcelain toilets slid into cardboard boxes.

On top of that he said that they were strapped together in such a haphazard way that he couldn't believe that they held together.

Things have been crazy here and I had no time to worry about unpacking toilets. So now here I am about 10 days after delivery, realizing that I should have checked each box and NBS says tough luck if one is broken since we accepted delivery and it was a freight shipment. According to their customer service whom I called this AM we should have opened and inspected the contents of each box before the shipper left.

Here's there blurb from their website:

"Why buy a toilet from National Builder Supply?...

Our industry-leading packing methods keep your delicate porcelin products safe during shipping.

What a bunch of baloney. When I called this AM to complain they admitted that you only get peanuts and styrofoam for a single toilet. Order more than one and you get a cardboard box. Do you see anywhere in that blurb where it says "industry leading packing methods for single toilets"?

So maybe the best option is to order your toilets from NBS one at a time. .... Or not at all.

Comments (13)