SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
outonalimb_2007

Help! My son locked my oven! With dinner inside!!!

outonalimb_2007
16 years ago

After my 10 y/o daughter had an afternoon-long meltdown because I was making her do her math homework (cruel mother that I am), for some unfathomable reason my 9 y/o son, who seems to have to mess with EVERYTHING comes along and slides the oven lock on my old GE range to the lock position, about 5 mins before my beautiful, homemade, baked mac and cheese, with the 2 y/o cheddar from Whole Foods, was supposed to come out and be dinner. Now, the oven door won't open, and I can't slide the lock back. This may have something to do with the self-cleaning mechanism. The oven seems to have shut itself off, and when I push the arrows to set the oven temp the LED reads "DOOR" -- rather cryptic, imo. The GE customer service line is closed, OF COURSE, because it's Sunday. There is no mention of this in the owners manual I have, which seems to be the wrong one anyway.

Does anyone have any ideas how I am to get this (expleteive deleted) door open? I guess I will go let the kid off the hook now, since he has been cowering in his room with instructions to not even whimper.

Losing it in the Chicago burbs --

Thanks!!

Comments (11)