SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
susie_que12

Alive and well in the Garden State!!

susie_que
14 years ago

Howdie Everyone!

We are in NJ now and LOVING it!!

The road to NJ was a long one....when I last posted the 2 realtors were in the throws of a pi$$ing contest over the time of the settlement, my guy wanted first thing in the morning but the buyers agent wanted late morning showing no concern at all that I had a walk thru and second settlement scheduled.

We all finally came together at 10:30 and whoa nellie was it slow!!

We actually missed our walk thru and was late to settlement but it once we got there, it went off without a hitch!

When we got to the house our moving truck was there waiting for us to move right in!!

I am sorry I didn't post sooner but as many of you already know I always seem to have computer issues in the late summer and this year was no different so we went out yesterday and bought a new desktop unit....its really nice to be on comcast although I have not picked and email addy yet so until I do I can still be reached at SalsaSue23@aol.com.

The house is great!

Keep in mind its a fixer upper but there really isn't much big stuff to do! The new fridge is terrific and I am getting used to the glass cooktop.

All my furniture fits nicely in the family room/man cave so I have to go get something for the living room.

The yard is a whole other issue!! Its far worse than I thought! The grass was thigh high the day we moved in and the mosquitoes were biting.

Once the lawn was cut we saw there is a lot of bare roots and overgrown weeds-its going to take a lot of TLC to get it looking good!!

And we have crickets....lots of crickets!!! They get into the family room thru the bilco doors and since the house was empty for the whole summer, have pretty much found a happy home. I have sprayed but I still see a cricket or 2 every day!!

I spend my days unpacking...I try to unpack a box or 2 every day as to not get to overwhelmed...so its coming along pretty well!

I have to run but I'll post more later!

Cheers!

Susie (aka riverhopper23)

Comments (25)