SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
bretonb

convection roast / flying grease!

bretonb
16 years ago

I am quite new to convection ovens. Yesterday I roasted a pork roast in my new oven. I didn't follow the manual instructions for using a broiler pan with grid and roasting rack on top. Instead I only used a regular roasting pan. The roast turned out beautifully, however the inside of my oven was a different story. Everything was covered in grease. Today I decided for safetys sake I should do a self clean. I wiped out the excess grease and then started the cycle. When finished I found grease had got between the glass panels and the only way to clean it will be to remove the glass. I think this must have happened while doing the roasting. Somehow it got in there. I am not a happy camper to say the least. So I have some questions :

Do you use the convection rack and does it help with grease spatter?

Has anyone ever had the grease go inside the glass panels on the door and should this be happening?

Is it advisable to remove the glass and try to clean it? ( I am not even sure whether this is possible)

I am about at my wits end because this is my third range since April of this year.

Comments (6)