SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
auroraborelis

Kids bathrooms/room arrangements! Time sensitive

auroraborelis
11 years ago

I've been obsessing about every small detail on my plan for much to long now, and we are going to finalize the plans with the deisgner (at 5pm pacific TODAY).

For some time we have gone back and forth between having two bathrooms for our "kids" (I am currently 7 months pregnant with our first, and we hope to have one more). As the plan has progressed we've lost square footage from this area, and now the rooms are smaller than we would like them to be.

Currently the rooms are 11x12, however if I remove one bathroom and have a hall entry bath we could make the bedrooms 13x12 and leave an extra 1' in the bathroom. (I don't like jack and jills, and the point is to save space to add to the bedrooms)

We have a desk area in the hallway which was going to be between the bedroom doors, however we could move this to the other wall as their is enough width (the hall will be lit by a skylight).

What do you all think? My cut and paste version below is a mess, so imagine the doors in the right place and the windows centered! :)

One bath option:

Current arrangement

Overall floor plan

Comments (23)

Sponsored
Dave Fox Design Build Remodelers
Average rating: 4.9 out of 5 stars49 Reviews
Columbus Area's Luxury Design Build Firm | 17x Best of Houzz Winner!