SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
jennifer2413

Help! Double wall ovens vs. professional style range

jennifer2413
9 years ago

Hi all. We redid our kitchen 2 years ago, so I'm fairly up to speed on what's out there. At that time, I went with a Kitchen Aid 30 inch gas range with two ovens. (KGRS505XSS) I loved the two ovens, (one full sized, one small) but hated the crowded cooktop and would definitely not buy it again. I think I learned I don't like a 5 burner top -- never used the griddle and wanted more regular burners. We also went with a over-the-range microwave, which I will never do again. (Terribly noisy, and not a good choice for a short adult with small kids.)

We are now about to close on our dream house and will be doing a complete kitchen gut and reno, and will have lots of space to work with. (Replacing a late 1940s Chambers oven, which is a whole other post in itself!) I definitely want two ovens -- though don't really need two full-sized ovens -- and a hood this time. I am thinking of taking the plunge to a professional style 48 inch range, but I am completely clueless about them. What are the pros and cons vs double wall ovens? Or are there other 30 inch ranges with 2 ovens other than that KA? I don't think we have the budget for a Wolf or Viking. Can anyone point me to a good resource to familiarize myself with more affordable options? (Bertazzoni?) We potentially have a hookup for a discount on anything in the Whirlpool family -- is the JennAir a good bet? The Kitchen Aid? Any and all info welcome. Thanks so much!

This post was edited by Jennifer2413 on Mon, Sep 22, 14 at 17:21

Comments (13)