SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
tahoebo

Need help chosing RELIABLE kitchen appliances!

tahoebo
16 years ago

Hi everyone. This forum has been great in my kitchen planning, but I've hit my tolerance level in appliance research and I need to finally just ask for advice. I'm in the middle of a whole home remodel and I'll be needing to buy the kitchen appliances soon. I really need some help picking out some reliable appliances. I don't want form over function, etc and I love to cook but am not a chef by any means and I'd like to keep the budget under $10,000 as much as possible, though $7000 seems like a good number to me (I don't think I'll need any super high end masterchef-approved appliances). So I'm basically looking for the Toyota kitchen - one that's functional and doesn't break down. Looks would be a bonus too.

So here's what I'm still looking for, in stainless steel:

- 36 inch counter-depth refrigerator

- quiet dishwasher (for an open living room / kitchen)

- 30 inch under the counter single convection wall oven

- 36 inch gas cooktop

I'd like the fridge and dishwasher to match, since they're next to each other. I had pretty much settled on Kitchenaid for the fridge and dishwasher, but then when I was researching Kitchenaid wall ovens I found all these threads of people who have had serious problems with theirs, which had me second guessing my choices. That would be so great if there was one company who made all fantastic kitchen appliances, so I wouldn't have to mix and match! Aaaarg. This is driving me crazy.

Also, I live in a mountain town, so getting repairs, especially from smaller high end companies will probably be really hard. Can anyone help with some reliable appliance recommendations?

Comments (6)