SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
stlouie

Too Little Light for Bathroom?

stlouie
14 years ago

I'm a bit concerned with the amount and placement of the recessed cans we had put in recently. Our 72" vanity will have (2) sconces with 60 watt bulbs, but they have shades on them. We'll have (2) 6" recessed cans in front of the vanity, not overhead. Then another 6" over the toilet, and another 6" in the shower. The bathroom is 5'6" wide x 13'4" long. We have a glass block window over the toilet, but it doesn't really provide alot of light for the vanity which is in the center of the bathroom next to the toilet.

Do you think the two sconces and the two recessed cans in front of the vanity will be enough lighting at the vanity? Or should we put in a solar tube? (The drywall is in already on the ceiling!!!!! but at least access to the attic above is right outside the bedroom......we'd have to army crawl through the low attic height).

My hubby doesn't think it will be a big deal, but I don't want to get everything all completed only to realize we should have put cans directly above the vanity as well, or put in a solar tube.

Any advice is appreciated.

Comments (2)