SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
teresa_nc7

My fellow Americans: Pay Attention! (caution, short rant)

teresa_nc7
14 years ago

The past few weeks have been difficult and I just have to say...Pay Attention, People!!!

A few weeks ago a young man (20s) walked right into my house while on his cell phone because he confused my house with the one next door where he was supposed to be working. I came into the hall from the computer room and yelled "what are you doing in my house?" at him. He never got off the cell phone but high tailed it out of my house.

Last Thursday I was rear-ended by another young man (20s) because he saw the light turn green and that meant go to him! Not taking into account the two cars ahead of me, all of us in the left turn lane waiting to move out in an orderly file - nope, green light means go! -- slam into my car's rear end, $1200 worth of damage to my car and also damage to his car, all because he was not paying attention to the traffic.

Just now at the post office: "I'd like 10 first-class stamps and I want to mail this package including insurance for $100." After weighing the package, the clerk turns to me and says "Priority, Fragile, etc. etc., any insurance on this?" I just looked at her -- she wasn't paying attention the first time I said, "insure for $100."

My CF Friends: please pay attention, 'cause there are a lot of bozos out there that are not.

end of rant - we now return you to the regular broadcast of our forum

Teresa

Comments (9)