SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
pepperidge_farm

Kerdi'd Curb, attaching glass shower surround??

pepperidge_farm
15 years ago

OK, before I embark and while I still have time to make construction adjustments...

I admit I don't have information on how a glass shower surround is installed on top of a shower curb, so the questions are as follows, based on the following info:

48" Schluter shower kit trimmed to 42", with a second curb (2 walls and 2 curbs), hoping to put up a frameless glass surround.

1a- I assume, as I didn't ask the Schulter dude on the phone directly, that putting up a glass shower surround (about 72" high) over the curbs would be ok (wieght, would like frameless, but haven't had the glass guys out yet)? Is this assumption acceptable?

1b- AND is the curb structurally sound to support the glass enclosure as it is only attached with thinset to the floor , base and wall... no fastening with this type of install?

2- Do you screw into the curb through the Kerdi when installing the glass surround?? do you back out and put in Kerdi fix to seal that new breech?

3- For the 2 curbs, where they join, is a butt joint better than a mitered joint (I am thinking yes...)?

Comments (7)