SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
goodegirl2002_gw

installing shower wall along shower curb?

goodegirl2002
11 years ago

I am finishing a new bathroom in my basement. The shower fits against the end of the room and fills the space all the way across--72 inches. The shower is wide (36") and we decided to go with a solid pan, instead of tiling the shower floor for personal preference and other reasons. We have the shower pan installed (http://www.efaucets.com/detail.asp?Product_Id=HPG7236-WH) and it is set to receive tile walls along the (long) back wall and two short side walls. The front wall (facing the rest of the room) has a 4" shower curb along the entire length (72"). My question is this--Ideally, I'd like to build a ~44" wall and leave a ~28" opening/door on the other side of this front (room-side) wall, but the shower curb stretches the entire length of this side. Is there a way to build and attach a full wall (studs and then covered with tile inside, drywall on outside) to a shower pan that has a 4" curb? Obviously, we'll use the remaining ~28" of curb to keep water inside the shower, but how can you attach a wall so that water stays in the pan if you were to attach a wall along the rest of the shower curb? Anyone ever tried this?

Comments (6)