SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
biwako_of_abi

'Save image as' function broken. Please help!

biwako_of_abi
16 years ago

This is my first post on this forum. Someone at the Quilting Forum suggested I ask for help here.

I have WinXP media edition and have been using FireFox as my browser for a long time.

When I want to save an image, I right-click on it and choose "Save image as", then a box pops up and I can tell the computer where to save the picture. So far, that happens as usual, but for the last day or two, nothing actually does get saved, no matter where I try to put it. Other right click functions, such as the "Scrapbook" add-on, still work.

I have even gone back and deleted a picture previously saved from the Internet and then asked to save it again as described above, and that function just doesn't work anymore.

Thinking it might be due to a recent automatic update of Windows (KB936357), I removed that, but still no good. Then I did a System Restore back to July 5. Still no good.

So I am wondering if it is just my computer, or if someone somewhere has decided to make it impossible to save *any* pictures at all to our computers. I know that some pictures are protected from being saved this way, but not all--or at least, they didn't used to be. Not only can I not capture GardenWeb pictures, it doesn't work for other sites, either.

Any help greatly appreciated.

Jan

Comments (3)