SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
pkramer60

There was a rat in my house last night!

pkramer60
14 years ago

A Riverrat, that is, the very best kind of rat to have. Karen and her DH Charles are in Chicago for a few days as he has a conference to attend. They flew in Saturday early afternoon and after checking into their hotel in the city and a bit of sightseeing, they took the train to my house for dinner.

The weather was perfect so we had drinks and dinner on the patio with a nice cool breeze. We started with crab cakes and some of Annies Salsa and chips and a Pinot Grigio, then I did the theme of a Chicago steak house dinner: Salad with a creamy garlic dressing, strip steaks grilled rare, loaded baked potatos and BBSTX's baked onions. For dessert, what else but that wonderful Summer Tart with apricots and whipped cream. And some Bordeux.

Karen took the photos, so I am sure she will post when she gets back home later in the week, but thank heavens for Charles who reminded us to take them. We were too busy eating and talking! We talked until almost 11 pm, so we never made it to crashing the wedding of Doucanoe's daughter, Erin. They had started ther travels at 4:30 a.m., and were tuckered out by then.

I had a great time, and hopefully we can repeat this again and soon. I love meeting up with CF'ers.

Peppi

Comments (12)