SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
khandi_gw

Prayers needed

khandi
14 years ago

My 81-year old uncle has been missing since Wednesday night. He went for a drive and never returned. His car is nowhere to be found. He takes heart medication and is not in the best of health... he's very fragile!

Need your prayers that he's found soon... dead or alive!

Thank you.

Comments (98)

• foodonastump
    14 years ago

I don't think I've ever opened up a thread as often as this one, particularly not in "conversations." I really wish one of these times I'd scroll down to some good news. I'll throw in some more prayers; hope they help.

• sally2_gw
    14 years ago

What Food said.

Sally

• Related Discussions

Prayers needed for Country Bumpkin!

Q

Comments (76)
    I'm joining in with the prayers, too. Hoping you will have a full recovery. From the sounds of things, if anyone can do it, you can, Brenda.....so keep on fighting the good fight. Your son and all your loved ones are counting on it as is everyone at the KT!
    ...See More

Prayers needed

Q

Comments (17)
    Thank you all so much!! Her meds were adjusted,her mask adjusted as well,to get the full benefit of the oxygen,and to my knowledge this morning,she has rallied and is coming along. thank you again!!
    ...See More

Prayers needed for Granlan

Q

Comments (34)
    I hope your doctor finds a simple fix to have you back to good health soon, Granlan! Best wishes and positive thoughts your way...
    ...See More

Positive thoughts and prayers needed please

Q

Comments (49)
    The wake was yesterday in a large Catholic church, which luckily was air conditioned. The crowds were enormous, the lines long, but well arranged once inside the church. The funeral was today and was a beautiful testament to a life well lived, but taken too early. The major roadways to and from the church to the burial grounds were blocked off-the motorcade was long. As we gathered at his final resting place in Lexington for the burial- there were NO dry eyes in the crowd. From there we went to a local Marriott for a luncheon and for more time to mingle with the family and friends who were part of this young man's life. Now the "kids" are off to be by themselves and will come "back home" to their family home for respite. We expect a crowd here tonight. Love your children, hold them close, realize what precious gifts they are. In a blink of an eye so much can change.........and please consider organ donation. So many are waiting for the gifts of continued life. Thank you for reading this.
    ...See More
  • shellm
    14 years ago

What food and Sally said.

Hugs and prayers,Shelley

• doucanoe
    14 years ago

Oh man...I keep checking in for some good news.

I can't even comprehend how horrible this must be for you and your family. We'll keep the prayers and hope coming, and yes, we'll keep checking in for news.

(((((Khandi and family))))))

Linda

• lindac
    14 years ago

Still hoping.....and praying

• caliloo
    14 years ago

I keep checking in too hoping there is good news. Sending more positive thoughts

• User
    14 years ago

Khandi how horrible all this must be for your family. Any news? What are the police saying.

• khandi
    Original Author
    14 years ago

Nothing yet.

Police had North Bay rescue unit patrol over Sturgeon River because they got a call that someone saw something floating in the river, but they didn't find anything. The police empasized that the person saw SOMETHING, not necessarily a body. The river flows into Nipissing Lake, a big lake.

It's getting harder and harder as time goes by. It's starting to really take its toll on my mom.

My hubby and Dad went driving around some back roads again. Hubby never thought there were such roads back there. He said they were unbelievable. They decided that they better leave because they came across a couple of "grow ops" in the bush. Now my Dad thinks my uncle might of been at the wrong place at the wrong time. However, I told my dad that I didn't think my uncle would have driven in those roads in his car if they were that bad. My dad has watched too much TV!! LOL The stories he comes out with. It could happen, I know, but he just keeps coming up with these scenarios instead of just waiting to see what happens. He says he's trying to get my Mom ready for when they find him... what the hell??? Why make it worse than what she already feels? She lost her brother. My dad is really starting to tick me off!!! My mom says when he's like this, he knows it all and doesn't shut up LOL

Oh well... what can you do?

Thanks again for all your concern and prayers! Much appreciated.

• shellm
    14 years ago

Checking in,was hoping for better news.You and your family are in my prayers.I cant imagine what you are going through.

Hugs,Shelley

• compumom
    14 years ago

Your poor family! I'm holding positive thoughts for the best possible outcome!
    >>
    E

• fearlessem
    14 years ago

Khandi --

I'm thinking of you and praying for your family... And as for your dad, it sounds like this is his way of dealing with the anxiety -- trying to imagine the worst so that he feels more prepared in case it happens. Maybe letting him know that while you understand this is his way of with dealing with his anxiety, it makes your anxiety worse...

Anyway, sorry to stick my two-cents in, and mostly just wanted to say I'm keeping fingers and toes crossed for your uncle and your family...

Emily

• doucanoe
    14 years ago

Khandi, just checking in to see if there was any news. I am so sorry there isn't yet.

Keeping positive thoughts for a good outcome. I know it must seem more hopeless as time goes on.

Linda

• annie1992
    14 years ago

Khandi, I'm just checking in too, hoping for good news. You're all still in my prayers.

Annie

• lindac
    14 years ago

I have a friend who last talked to her husband after the planes had hit on 9/11. He was not in the towers, but in the Holiday Inn nearby. He called his wife telling her he was OK and not to worry....but she never heard anything more.
    I am very very sorry for your family....not knowing is awful...
    You all are in my prayers.
    Linda C

• jessyf
    14 years ago

Just catching up, thinking of you khandi. So sorry for your family.

• sushipup1
    14 years ago

I don't respond to a lot of the threads that I read, but I've been opening this one several times every day, praying for some good news. Our hearts and prayers are with you.

• sally2_gw
    14 years ago

Oh, Khandi, I was hoping for better news by now. I'm still pulling for your uncle and your mom and all the family, including your dad.

Sally

• khandi
    Original Author
    14 years ago

My uncle who had a stroke (my Mom's sister's husband) passed away Sunday morning. They removed his feeding tubes, etc., and lasted one day. Doctors said he was finished and would only get worse. My aunt said making the decision to "pull the plug" was the hardest thing she ever had to do but is now glad that he's okay...not suffering.

They didn't have any kids together but he had 3 or 4 from a previous marriage many moons ago. He was my aunt's whole world for the past 35+ years. Now she has to take care of herself cuz she just recently finished breast cancer treatment and awaits word on her missing brother. She is so strong! She's amazing!

No news yet about my missing uncle. I promise to post a message (a new one) when there is word.

• doucanoe
    14 years ago

Oh, Khandi, What an unbelievably difficult week you have had.

So sorry to hear about the loss of your uncle. We had to make a similar decision with Tim's sister several years ago, so I truly understand what a heart-wrenching decision it is.

Continuing to end out hugs to your family. Hope there is some good news soon on the other uncle.

Linda

• Bizzo
    14 years ago

oh Khandi!!

(((((Khandi's Family)))))

your family continues to be in my prayers.

• claire_de_luna
    14 years ago

Khandi, I'm so sorry for your loss. Praying still, for the rest of your family. It's been a tough summer.

• riverrat1
    14 years ago

Khandi, I was hoping for better news. You and your family are in my thoughts daily.

• dedtired
    14 years ago

Khandi, I'm so sorry. You and your family are having an awful time. Thinking of you.

• annie1992
    14 years ago

Khandi, I'm so sorry to hear about your uncle. I know how hard making that decision is, I made it with my Dad. Sigh.

Hugs to you all, and I'm still praying that your Uncle will be found, safe and sound, just confused.

Annie

• eileenlaunonen
    14 years ago

Oh My Lord....I feel for you and your family this is a terrible situation and absolutely heartbreaking....May your family find some kind of peace in this very difficult time!

• sally2_gw
    14 years ago

Well, darn. It seems that bad things pile on top of each other sometimes. My heart and sympathy go out to you and your family, especially your aunt. And your missing uncle.

Sally

• lindac
    14 years ago

2 more days and still no word......
    thinking about you and praying he will be found.
    Linda C

• mustangs81
    14 years ago

I am so sorry to hear this!! Poor man, he must be so scared. I hope there is a good ending...please be a good ending.

Cathy

• Bizzo
    14 years ago

khandi, just b/c we're not posting, does not mean we've stopped praying.

just wanted you to know that you, your family, and your Uncle remain in my prayers.

• shellm
    14 years ago

Very well said,Bizzo.Add my name also.

Shelley

• annie1992
    14 years ago

I'm still checking in, hoping for an update, and still sending up prayers.

Annie

• khandi
    Original Author
    14 years ago

Thanks again!

Still no news. Family have been checking out rural roads again. I think all the roads in nearby area have been checked. Not sure what to think now. Starting to think that his vehicle is not around here at all.

• lpinkmountain
    14 years ago

K I hope it helps to know I'm here right along with you, hoping and praying about your uncle.
    Lpink

• trixietx
    14 years ago

You are your family are still in my prayers also.

• sushipup1
    14 years ago

A terrible thought, but have they also been checking local bodies of water?

• mustangs81
    14 years ago

Okay, I'll bet he drove down to Florida to visit friends, we have a lot of Canadian visitors here. I'll be on the look out.

Don't mean to sound flippant but I pray that it turns out to be something that simple.

Still praying for him,
    Cathy

• User
    14 years ago

I feel so bad for you, this must be almost unbearable.

I have to agree with sushipup, and the other place is over a steep embankment, which can't be seen from the road. We've had a few of those in Maryland in the past few years.

You and your family are in our thoughts.

• daylilydayzed
    14 years ago

Still praying that your uncle will be found soon, safe and sound.

• sally2_gw
    14 years ago

Still checking in, also. I'm hoping he's in Florida, too.

Sally

• Bizzo
    14 years ago

earlier in the year there was a missing elderly man who left his home in CT, and was later in found in New Jersey (If I remember correctly... he was several states away). Seems he left to drive to the store, and got a bit confused. He was ok when they found him.

I continue to pray for something like that for your uncle.

• khandi
    Original Author
    14 years ago

bizzo, I hope it's something like that. His credit cards and bank account have not been touched. He had a bit of money on him. Family friend checked the river with his plane. Police had helicopter check another river and wooded areas.

There was a mention in the newspapers that there was a sighting in Sault Ste. Marie, but nothing was found. That would be a 6-7 hour drive! He had trouble seeing from one eye (injury from an accident) and was in a lot of stomach pain, and also had trouble breathing. Why he wanted to do his usual evening drive is beyond me???

• User
    14 years ago

Khandi I keep coming back for your updates and hoping for good news.

Ann

• cotehele
    14 years ago

Me, too. Keeping you in my prayers.

Judy

• obxgina
    14 years ago

Khandi, hoping for the best. Sending you good thoughts and prayers! Gina

• lindac
    14 years ago

Still checking....and praying.
    I am remembering a few years back when a man from near here was missing....and he had set out on his lawn tractor to visit his brother 200 miles away. Hoping it's something like that...
    Linda c

• annie1992
    14 years ago

Still checking and praying here too, I don't even have any idea what it could be, but I'm hoping they find him soon.

Annie

• doucanoe
    14 years ago

I can't believe there is still no news. I can't even imagine how difficult this is for your family, Khandi.

I will keep all of you in my thoughts and prayers hoping they find him safe and sound very soon.

Linda

• compumom
    14 years ago

Astonishing really! I'm so sorry for the endurance contest. I'm sure your family and especially your mother are going crazy. Hoping that he's found very soon!
    >>>
    Ellen

• brenda55
    14 years ago

Khandi, I am sorry your uncle hasn't been found. Prayers for your family during this difficult time.

• mustangs81
    14 years ago

Khandi, I know posting on the forum isn't important right now nor should it be. But I'd like to imagine that you are busy having a welcome home party for your uncle.