SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
riverrat1

OK---- Am I unreasonable?

riverrat1
14 years ago

Arrugh!

Six (6) Years ago we added an addition onto our original house. Research showed we would need 2 rather HVAC units to cool our house in the summer and keep us toasty in the winter. We purchased an extended warranty at the time of purchase. We also purchased the Energy Savings Agreement (ESA) which means we would have the units cleaned and checked by the service person twice a year. ESA cost approximately $500.00 a year.

Two months ago we had an issue with one of the units not cooling our bedroom and bathroom. Not a big deal. We called and they came out. The unit was low on freon but our (ESA) was coming up, in two months, and he would check the unit again. He came last Tuesday and performed the (ESA) and said we needed more freon. "Let's just see how it goes", he said. Tuesday night the unit did not cool. Wednesday he comes out and he tells me I needed new coils. "Fine", I say, because I know that coils are covered under warranty. Not only was I fine because of the warranty but in our climate people cannot go without air conditioning so warranty or not, I would have had the repairs done.

We are still without air conditioning in that part of our house...I know, I know, we are blessed that we have another area to sleep in. Had this been the only time the units had failed in 6 years then I would let it go. But it's more like 4 times in 6 years. I've called everyday since Wednesday. I've been nice but I'm about to call and not be so nice. I wanted to get another perspective on this.

Should I let this frustration go? Let me say my office is in the Armoire in the bedroom. I'm hot and getting fussier by the moment...I'm usually more patient than this but I'm really getting pi$$ed.

Comments (40)