SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
lindac_gw

Chabby Update

lindac
14 years ago

Thought I would start a new thread to save scrolling.....and I am so thankful for your good wishes and good thoughts.

I gave her 7 MG pheno barb and 2 mg valium before bed....and she has a couple of short seizures 30 minutes apart and zonked...I woke once adn she was asleep....and I slept too.

This morning she was groggy....Iw oke at 7 and wanted to get some more valium into her....so we came down, she pottied and I geve her 2 mg valium adn the phenobarb, she ate breakfast and about 8:10 the vet called and said the results of the blood test had come back and she had less than half the theraputic dosage of phenobarb in her blood....

So we are giving her 15 mg phenobarb, cutting out the valium unless she starts with the cluster seizures.....and wills ee what's what in a month or more....

So we are in a holding pattern.....

I am wondering of there has been some brain damage, perhaps a stroke which caused all the seizures...or is it just fog left from all the storms in her brain or residual drugs....

Again thanks for the good wishes.....and Chabby gives a foggy sniff and a lick....she's too far out of it to wag her tail.

Linda C

Comments (51)