SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
bergiesgirl

Contractor Quote- Whats missing here?

bergiesgirl
10 years ago

When my husband and I bought our first house this summer I think we were a little naive as to the cost to renovate our bathroom. DH is an unwilling DIY'er despite my enthusiastic, "We can do it!" confirmations. So my must have bathroom renovation is going the contractor route. So how much does it cost to take 80's carpet madness to contemporary cottage fabulosity, $16K-$20K :( We even scaled down the renovation and that quote was higher, uggh you don't want to know

Needless to say our budget was way off, DH was hoping for $8K tops and I was thinking $10K, but after I starting reading some of the threads here, I had an inkling it might be higher. So we got a labor only bid, but we have to get our own permits and every single construction material, down to the nails.

Can anyone tell me if there is something missing from my breakdown that's seems high, or the contractors $450 estimate for building materials is too low. Or if we have completely left out items we are going to need.

WORK ESTIMATE
ESTIMATE # Labor Only:$4,850.00

PROJECT DESCRIPTION: �.Bathroom Tile- Labor Only -incudes sheetrock/mud /framing for tub/ Hardiboard installation/ shower liner/

Tile Shower- remove & install tile/ pony wall $1,050.00
includes shampoo niche
remove & Install Tub / Framing / tile $895.00
Move framing/ Install pocket door $475.00
move Shelves/ rail/ to other wall $185.00
Texture
$285.00
Tile Floor bathroom &closet $625.00
Repair Cabinet
$80.00
install recessed lights (5), install vanity lights (3) $175.00
furr down removal / repair $300.00
All plumbing installation/ installation of fixtures
raise plumbing on tub / move plumbing on shower to other wall. toilet remove & intall/ install fixtures/ Single sink to double-vanity
$710.00

Once I add in materials
Building Materials as listed $450
Drop in Tub $500.00
Window $400.00
Shower Glass $1,000.00
Toilet $150.00
Granite $745.00
pocket door $150.00
72" Vanity $1000
2 sink faucets $400
1 roman tub faucet $69
Tile $1200
ceiling rainshower head $200
Handheld shower sliding bar $300
Vanity lights (3) $300
Recessed mirrored cabinets $300
Cabinet Hardware, Hooks,
magazine rack,TP holder, paint $200

We end up at $12,200. That is before our permits and no contingency. We really need to be under $12K max including contingency. Things we cant cut because they are already purchased, sink and tub faucet and vanity. construction material, seems a little sparse to me I thought there should be a lot more items there. I am also going to ask him to Hydroban the hardiboard, or to leave a days gap so we can do it.

Total building materials listed per contractor
12 hardiboard, Box of screws, 7ft of black liner, 3 bags of concrete mix, 8 bags of quick set for tile, 2 bags of grout around - $450
110 sq ft of tile for shower and tub area
180 sq ft for closet & bathroom

Comments (16)