SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
johninmo

Toro Super Recycler - what am I missing here?

johninmo
14 years ago

Thanks to members of this forum, a bit over 5 years ago (gosh, has it been that long?) I made the choice of a Toro Super Recycler mower (I believe it's a 20036) and we have had a blissful mowing existence from that day forth.

Until today.

My son was out mowing and reported that the mower would not stop running. Upon investigation, I discovered that the spring that pulls the stop mechanism back into place upon release of the handle was missing.

So we managed to find the spring (he had had a tangle with a pine tree) and get it back onto the machine.

In so doing, I noticed a bent part nearby (I'd call it a bracket) that must serve some purpose, and seems like it may have something missing.

See the following photo:

{{gwi:137743}}

Obviously, you can see the spring that we got back on, and to the left you can see the bracket part I'm referring to. It's like a hole with a slot in it for something to fit down into. From the parts directory, it looks like this is supposed to be upright at a 90 degree angle, not bent off to the right like it is, and it is obviously there for a reason.

Doing a search for parts online makes it look like there may be some "switch-stop" part that's supposed to be there. But I'm not certain about that.

Can anyone tell me exactly what's missing here, what purpose it serves, and what the consequences are of not having it?

Thanks!

Comments (2)