SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
michelle_marchand

Contractor Dilemma, Charging us $14k more than quoted

Michelle D
6 years ago

This contractor has made many mistakes and I have not been happy with his work. Long story short we are just finishing up, still much left unfinished due to screw ups, and he says I have extras. I knew about a few things as they were included as "TBD" on his contract. I receive his final bill that my new shower, tile, a farmers sink, and a few other items...were not included. Deadbolts, shelves, etc...anything he could think of. $14k worth. I KNOW i told him about all the major changes after his original estimate ( I was waiting to speak with his plumber/electrician), but of course not every deadbolt LOL. I went back to my email in July and there it is all laid out for him, including 3D photos of the space. It is correct in the plumbers and electricians contracts sent from the general contractor 5 days after my email with the changes. However, in his part of the contract it is all missing. Am I responsible for this? I told him in am email and 5 days before he sent me an email with a new supplemental contract, so I assumed it was included. Am i wrong? I feel like I did my part, I couldn't have been more detailed....however, he dropped the ball in his own contract.

Comments (14)