SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
agnesackneback

Universal Appliance can KMA! (sorry, it's long)

agnesackneback
16 years ago

Is it just me or do they have the worst customer service (next to AT&T, for me)?

So, here's my story....On July 23rd I placed an order for pick up at the store, because really, with no traffic it's not very far from me. That way we wouldn't be wasting as much money for shipping. I live in Orange County, the store is in Los Angeles. On the website it says they will contact me when the order is ready. It also says it takes 7 to 10 days for the order.

After a while I notice I haven't received a call or an e-mail. Nothing at all. On August 7th I call and they say "Oh yeah, your orders been ready." Okay, great, thanks for telling me now.

During that time I was waiting I could have picked it up multiple times. Now, guess what, we're too busy to go ourselves and any friends that are in the store's area can't pick it up because they need my credit card in their possession. That's not Universal Appliances fault. That's just me venting.

This last Saturday, I send my fiancé to go pick up the order. He leaves at 9 in the morning and doesn't get there until about 11. They were supposed to be open at 10. And guess what, the person that's supposed to be at the store called in sick so NO ONE will be able to give us our order. We weren't the only customer SOL. So now, instead of only spending $30 gas to pick my stuff up, it's now a wasted $40 in gas (don't forget about the wasted time to go there and come back)to pick up my stuff that I can't even pick up now.

Tonight, I called their customer service line, before 5pm mind you, to see if maybe I can just get it shipped now so we don't have to deal with it anymore. The girl that answers tells me not so politely to please hold and transfers me to internet sales. I think, okay, no problem, just a couple minutes should be fine. Meanwhile, I check online, and surprise, surprise, I did call the internet sales phone #. Why, I ask you, does it take 20 minutes for me to get transferred to the same number I called? Hmmm. That's where I started to get very aggravated.

I hang up and call right back and tell the lady I just called and was put on hold for 20 minutes. She transferred me to someone else right away. However, this gentleman couldn't help me. Guess what! The store closes at 5. That makes me think, if I hadn't hung up, how long would I have been on hold for? Eternity. Anyways, the guy tells me I'll have to speak with such and such and will have to call back tomorrow morning.

So, what kind of fun do you think I'm going to have tomorrow morning? Am I going to finally get my order or am I going to have to tell them to stick it where the sun don't shine? Place your bets!

Comments (12)