SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
jannie_gw

Need housewarming gift suggestion (long,sorry)

jannie
16 years ago

Let me tell you about Sue. We met in the sixth grade, became friends and are now both 55 years old. I went to college, got a good job, married and raised 2 kids. Pretty boring, right? Sue went to college, then moved to Texas to work in a home for orphans, then became interested in the Roman Catholic church. She converted to Catholocism about thirty years ago. She has a PhD in religion and worked many years as a youth minister and campus chaplain. She spent the last 20 years in Belgium completing her education and working in her field. Two years ago she moved to Ottawa Canada. Sue has never married, though she did come close, twice. She now works as an assistant professor of religious studies at a Canadian University. She and I see each other only once or twice a year, but we've remained friends. I spoke to her last night and she's decided to buy a co-op apartment in Canada. She'll be going from a one bedroom apartment to her own home with two bedrooms. Great! But I want to buy her a very meaningful housewarming gift, but I can't think of anything. I thought lawn furniture, but she has no yard or deck. Then I thought a gift certificate to Bed Bath and Beyond. I do needlepoint embroidery so I thought I could make her an embroidered sampler "Home Sweet Home". She may not appreciate a hand-made gift, I just don't know. Any ideas? Her closing date is in April, so I've got to get this done fast.

Comments (7)