SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
kasdin_gw

Any experience with BlueStar Color 9007 (Grey Aluminum)?

Kasdin
12 years ago

We have just purchased our first home and I am putting in a B.S. as we blow out the kitchen.

Our appliance sales rep gave us a B.S. RAL color book from 2007. Since my wife has not picked a color for furniture etc, she was hesitant to start with the range. The rest of the appliances will be stainless steel but we wanted to 'do something' with the B.S.

In the book we found Ral color 9007 (Grey Aluminum) It is a mid grey metallic that has some 'sparkle'.

I went to the Bluestar website and the Color is not listed on the color options page. So I did some more research and found this.

-------------

Information about the RAL 9006 and RAL 9007

Both color samples are part of the classic RAL 840-HR color collection. They are also therefore part of the common industrial colors.

There is one major difference on RAL 9006 and RAL 9007 from the rest of the 193 RAL CLASSIC colors, which are all opaque colors in different Hues suitable for all colored materials. With every new edition these color samples can be produced within a very precise tolerance. This does not hold true for RAL 9006 and RAL 9007.

Both colors originate from the corrosion protection program of the former Reichsbahn (State Railway). They were mandatory for corrosion protection of steelwork (train stations, bridges etc) and rolling stock (roofs etc). The colors also had similar functions in the former Airforce and Navy. They were never intended to be used for decorative purposes. RAL 9006 is essentially produced using aluminum particles, and RAL 9007 with iron oxide in a layered structure with small amounts of aluminum powder.

Problems often occur when RAL 9006 and RAL 9007 are specified, when the use combines coatings of various types (paint, varnish, powder coatings). Differences in color are very common.

Therefore we recommend the use of RAL 9006 and RAL 9007 for corrosion protection only and not for decorative purposes.

----------------------

I figured no dice on 9007 till I had the sales rep call BS and they said 'yes' the can reproduce it.

So I was wondering if anyone has seen what B.S. produces for color 9007?

I am setting expectations to high that it will 'sparkle', and I will just get a solid mid grey?

Am I facing other problems with cleaning, scratching, etc?

Am I the crash test dummy for 9007?

Thanks

Comments (16)