SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
amberley_gw

Love some help from Bill V., etc. w/ take 2 bath reno

amberley
15 years ago

This is rather long involved story, and if you caught any of my posts is Kitchens about it you may already know the story.

In a nutshell, 3 years ago, I designed our bathroom, the contractor screwed me (amoung many other things, did absolutely NO venting whatsoever), we sued, won a settlement. We need to rip it out NOW becuase none of the fixtures are draining properly at this point, and we are getting major sewer gas.

My big issue is the tile. I recouped almost all of the costs for the labor and rough materials, but I am probably losing $3000-$4000 in tile. So, I am trying to redesign the shower particularly with less material costs.

I love the glass tile (Oceanside Glasstile iridescant clear 4x4s and listellos and Boyce and Bean on the shower floor) and chiaro tumbled marble. I want to stick with those, but maybe a design that using less expensive tumbled marble sizes/styles, and something that utilizes less glass?

Also, I have to replace the floor tile (this bath is slab on grade and they have to dig up the pipe trench). It is an Italian porcelain tile that looks like grey weathered wood driftwood. When I bought it when it was discontinued, so I can't replace it. What suggestions do you have for a floor? Noce tumbled marble? If I did marble, should I get the honed and filled kind?

The look I was going for was basically a nod to the beach (chiaro) and the ocean (glass) and the boardwalk (main floor).

ANY suggestions you, and anyone else here on Bathrooms would be much appreciated.

One note, these pics show the original floor (floating wood) which was replaced afer one year when we had a flood from a washer). I just realized I don't have a pic of the "boardwalk" floor- but I will post one tomorrow.

Demo starts on Monday.

Comments (3)