SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
hzdeleted_19982892

Randon Acts of Kindness

User
15 years ago

I'm not telling this story to get any attaboys......I'm just feeling so good and wanted to share in the hopes that everyone can get this type of "upper" by doing a random act of kindness.

I went the the bank this AM to pay our taxes.....no upper there big downer : (

As I was walking toward my car I noticed a lady pull up behind the cars parked beside me and run to drop off some rental movies. She was only 20 seconds, no biggie, except when she went to get in her car it was locked, with the engine running, and she was blocking three cars!!!!

I asked her if she wanted to use my cell phone to call CAA or her husband or someone. She was totally flipped out, her husband was out of town, nobody was home, she was blocking these cars and CAA would be up to 90 minutes. She was so distraught!

I asked her if she had a key at home, she did. So I told her to take my car go home and get the key and I would make sure no one took my parking space because the people she was blocking could use it to maneuver out of their spots.

She there she went, a complete stranger, off with my car, going where I have no idea......I wasn't too worried. She took my Hyundai Santa Fe and I was babysitting her Jaguar, a little sporty model. I was kinda hoping this was a swap and she'd never come back! LOL

Anyhow she returned within 15 minutes, key in hand, and we all went on with our day!

She was so thankful, so appreciative, so amazed that anyone would do this that it just made me feel so good. She asked what she could do to thank me and I said.....do something nice for someone else.

You know it really is such a great feeling to do something for someone else you don't even know.

No "attaboys" please, or "dumb you" for letting a stranger drive your car, that isn't my point! It's just that when we are kind to each other it feels really good!

Comments (20)

Sponsored
WhislerHome Improvement
Average rating: 5 out of 5 stars9 Reviews
Franklin County's Committed Home Improvement Professionals