SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
samtom_gw

Major problems via Malwarebytes

samtom_gw
14 years ago

I'm running Win2K on an older 900 MH machine with an AMD processor. It was custom built for me about 8 years ago. I'm fully aware I'm living with a dinosaur.

Anyway, I was in this Forum earlier today looking for comments on which machine I should consider buying.

As a by-product of this search I read several threads about speeding up an older machine. And, I took one

to heart and up-dated and then ran Malwarebytes.

It found 14 items, 12 instances of "Trojan.DNS Changer" and two "Trojan Agents."

I made a log and then proceeded to delete them. And, I made sure I had a copy of the log in a folder where

I knew where to find it if and when needed.

Then I was asked to restart the computer. On restarting, I receive a blue screen message as follows:

STOP 0x000000CE (0x00000000, 0xED2A2EFC, 0x00000000 DRIVER_UNLOADED_WITHOUT_CANCELING_PENDING_OPERATIONS

This driver maybe at fault viaagpl.sys.

***Address ED2A2EFC base at ED2A0000, DateStamp 00000000- viaagpl.sys

***Address ED2A2EFC base at ED2A0000, DateStamp 00000000- viaagpl.sys

(Note: the above line was repeated)

Then it went on to say make sure new hardware or software is properly installed. If problems continue,

disable or remove any newly installed hardware or software.

Then to disable BIOS memory options such as caching or shadowing.

Use Safe Mode to remove to remove or disable components, restart your computer, press F8 to select Advanced

Start Up Options and then start in Safe Mode.

End of Blue Screen comments.

When I attempted to start in Safe Mode, at first I received a display of drivers including this viaagpl.sys.

Then, it automatically went back to the Blue Screen with the same message.

In other words, I can not get the machine to boot. And, needless to say, I don't have a clue as to where

to begin. Any suggestions to remedy this situation would be greatly appreciated. If possible I need to get

this machine back up as I'm on limited income and was considering a new machine via the Social Security

distributions of $250 each that my wife and I are scheduled to receive. But, in the meantime need this machine.

Currently, I'm using my wife's machine.

Thanks in advance.

Tom

Comments (15)

Sponsored
Innovative & Creative General Contractors Servicing Franklin County