SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
genes_gw

Flytouch 3 from China Grabber

genes
13 years ago

Always wanted a tablet to play with, see how they stack up to laptops/netbooks...so I happened upon ChinaGrabber thru another computer help forum and thought for less than $200 I could get a knockoff label 10" tablet with decent specs rather than dishing out $500-$800 for a big brand name like Apple

The unit itself is not very heavy..not a heck of a lot more than my Kindle..all the specs are listed in the link below ((http://chinagrabber.com/flytouch-3-android-2-2-gps-tablet-pc---4gb-superpad-2-epad-apad---flytouch3.aspx))

It of course does not have a Windows OS but instead has the Android Froyo 2.2...The user manual that came with the tablet was for the 2.1 OS and almost totally useless . They were just in the process of changing the booklets to the new but there was a hold because of the Chinese New Year..the units sold now should have the proper book or it can easily be found online..There are also a couple of Flytouch help forums to help newbies like me find their way around the new OS..it comes with two USB ports which also gives one the option of using a mouse with it and there is also an optional keyboard enclosed in a leather case with also holds the tablet for $23..Good investment..It easily hooks up to any wifi network or also comes equipped with a Ethernet cable slot..the wifi antenna is not all that great and does not work well at longer distances..but is super for around the house or at a local coffee shop or airport etc..The touch screen works well but is probably not as responsive or a quick loading as the higher priced units, but what the heck do you expect for $200....If you are sitting on the fence and wondering what to do, should I or shouldnt I and have a need for a tablet and dont want to spend big bucks, go for it..So far, its been great.

Comments (14)