SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
jgirl_2007

Just back from tile showroom - where in the world do I begin?

jgirl_2007
16 years ago

I am so overwhelmed right now, I can't think straight. I spent the afternoon at a tile showroom hoping to find something and fall in love. The problem is that I am needing tile for 4 full baths and laundry room for our new house. I have absolutely no idea where to even begin. I liked so much of what they had.

Do I do one room at at time? For the baths do I start with the floor, then the shower walls or vise versa? Do I start with the design (either fancy layout or certain insets or borders). I'd love to have a design on the floor with either difference size tiles or tile inserts or both or... . I know the possibilities are endless.

Unfortunately, there is way too much to chose from. It would be so much easier if I were just give a choice from 5 tiles. DH is really no help. He just pretty much stood back & listened. But at least he said he felt sorry for me!

I do know that I want to stay fairly neutral for all the rooms. Counters nor cabinet stain has been decided. As far as material, I'm open to porcelain, ceramic, natural stone although less maintenance is preferred.

So, anyone that has been in similar shoes, please share your thoughts, advice, anything!

Comments (7)