SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
steffie2_gw

Just beginning...where to start...Oak kitchen make-over

steffie2
13 years ago

I have been lurking for a couple weeks to get some ideas and I am IN LOVE with all of the kitchens posted! Every single one is more beautiful then the next.

I have a 90's oak galley kitchen with laminate counter tops open to the vaulted dining area.

We are def. replacing counter top, backsplash, and floors...need ideas. The cabinetry we are considering as I would love cream or white cabinets but I am not sure I can justfy the expense simple because I want to:-) So, I know that all the decisions really rely on this but we are still undecided. Honestly, I can live with the oak but I am not sure I can live with myself if I replace perfectly good condition cabinets as we have other work to do.....ughhhh! BUt, if I am going to do everything else...why not the cabinets? OK, so for the derail ;-)

Here is some pics of the kitchen that came with the house when we bought it 5 years ago....what do you think? I like open, airy, warm and clean looking. Even though it is not very clean right now - excuse the mess and clutter.

Budget is about $10k-$12K

Comments (9)