SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
morganredmond

Windows XP on Snow Leopard - installing programs

Morgan
13 years ago

I installed VMware Fusion 2 on my new imac (Snow Leopard). I then installed Windows XP Professional as guest os.

My intent is to access and run programs that I use on my pc and share files between the guest os (Windows XP) which is on VMWare and host os (Snow Leopard).

(I used my original licensed Microsoft Windows XP Professional CD to install the os.)

I was able to install Firefox, Nod 32, and all the windows updates over the internet, but I am stumped on how to install the pc programs that I have discs for onto the "virtual" XP os.

When I insert the disc in my mac, the disc icon shows in the upper corner of the mac desktop.

My thought was to drag the icon onto the windows desktop, but IÂm lost here because I donÂt know what happens nextÂwould it install all of the MS Office files on the desktop (that would be a disaster), or does it know to install the files in with the Program files?

ORÂdo I install it on my mac and then drag it into a shared file in the Virtual Machine?

IÂve spent hours searching, but cannot find anything directly related to my question.

Can someone help with this????

Thanks, I really appreciate your input and your time  IÂve hit a wall.

Morgan

Comments (5)