SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
chrisk327

French door fridge recommendation/I had a prob with Frigidaire

chrisk327
12 years ago

So I bought a Frigidaire appliance pack due to some large rebates that were being offered, the nice look etc, all from their Professional series.

I have the FPHB2899LF1 French door fridge with ice in the door. looks great, seems very nice.

right off the bat, it was making a lot of noise, I didn't have the ice maker hooked up at the beginining, as we were running the water line. when we hooked that up, the icemaker didn't work. Either or, I call for service, and they tell me that the main circuit board and another one is bad, and that the noise was a loud compressor, after back and forth with a supervisor at Frigidaire, they agreed to give me credit for a new fridge at my origional point of sale. They did say, if I get the same fridge, it will make the same noise.

1) anyone know if this is true? basically its significantly louder than any refridgerator I've had or seen, and I had a kenmore french door unit in the last house.

2) I'm not sure of the terms of the credit I get, but assuming I can choose any brand, what should I replace it with? I want ice and water. I don't care where either is really, as long as both work and that its a french door model... and I guess I didn't think it had to be a requirement, but something that when its operating is quiet! ice drops and water fills are fine, but a constant droning of the compressor that you can hear a room away is too much.

it seems that samsung has good reviews in the FD catagory.

Comments (5)