SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
jojoco_gw

Please send good luck vibes to my daughter and virtual tissues

jojoco
15 years ago

I know this isn't a life or death situation, but it means a lot to my dd and we could certainly use positive thoughts. Tomorrow we'll find out if the boarding schools my dd applied to will accept her. It is a bit more complicated as this whole process was her idea and she did all the work. I told her it was too expensive, so she only applied to schools that offered full 4 year merit scholarships based on overall achievement, not ability to pay. She filled out all the aps, asked her teachers for recommendations, and did countless other things to complete the application. She did it all by Dec. 1. Did I mention she is only 13? All I did was take her to visit/interview and make it to the admissions test on time. The competition is fierce. The scholarships are given to 1 girl and one boy out of 400-500 (at least) applicants and worth close to $200,000.. At the last moment, we also applied for financial aid. But given this economy, FA applicants are at a record high, while most endowments have fallen.

I am so torn. I want every success for her, but I don't want to see her go. But she is an incredibly ambitious kid, and I could not put my selfish wishes ahead of her desire to do this.

Jo

Comments (24)

Sponsored
Remodel Repair Construction
Average rating: 5 out of 5 stars9 Reviews
Industry Leading General Contractors in Westerville