SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
susie_que12

Idol the final 12 take the stage!!

susie_que
15 years ago

The final 12 took the stage last night. America got to whittle the group dowm to the 3 best who will go on the compete along with 3 wildcard singers and the other 6 who competed and won in previous weeks.

I, once again, had high hopes to be blown away by someone but it didn't happen. There were some good performances as well as some dreadful. There was one who dominated-the other 11 left me cold.

So here is last nights line up!!

Von Smith sang "all I need to get by". This guy was pretty good and had a lot of personality. It was a good song for him but it wasn't great.

Taylor Vaifanu sang "if I ain't got you". Very pretty voice but oh so flat. Poor thing was pretty much off key for the better part of the song.

Alex Wagner Trugman sang "thats why they call it the blues".

What the heck was that? How did this kid get through? I think he had fun though so good for him!

Arianna Afsar sang "winner takes all" This girl is a perfect example of getting some training and come back next year. She was all over the place with this song.

Junot Joyner sang "hey there Delilah". I really like his arrangement of this pretty song but I was expecting him to belt it out but he didn't. He's good and I'd like to see more.

Kristen MacNamera sang "give me one reason". Oh I really love this song and she did pretty good but again I thought she was gonna belt one out. Maybe we'll get to see more if she get through.

Nathaniel Marshall sang "I would do anything for love". Pretty lack luster performance. I was hoping he would have been a little crazy and fun bit he played it too safe.

Grandma was a hoot though LOL!!

Felicia Barton sang "no one". Ahhh the replacemant...she did really good too!! I liked this girl but she cracked a few times...she needs a little practice which she probably didn't get being called back.

Scott MacIntyre sang "Mandolin rain". Not sure about this guy. He does a good job with his keyboard but without he's not so good...its hard to watch-I was thinking he was getting a little too close to the edge of the stage-someone better grab him. Amy thought he was cute LOL!

Kendall Beard sang "this ones for the girls" . Well I thought she did alright...it was a great song for her and she sang it well but I would worry she would have trouble during r&b week or rock week.

Jorge Nunez sang "don't let the sun go down on me" Sorry I just wasn't feeling it. I totally agree with Simon-he should never cover up his heritage rather embrace it...should have done a little Marc Anthony, Miami Sound Machine ect...he's one to watch though parhaps this weeks dark horse??

Lil Rounds sang "be without you". Wow this girl is dynamite. I liked her sound, her look and her personality.

I think she will go far!

Ok so thats the line up and again had to run out to pick DS from work so I could not actually vote. Not too sure who I would vote for besides LIL anyway.

Ok if pressed I would say LIl, Jorge and Kristen with Junot oor Scott getting a wildcard later.

I will be home tonight to see the results!!

Good luck to everyone!!

Cheers!

Susie

BTW....found out through Amy that Joanna Pacitti was removed from the competition because she is affiliated and on tour with Nick Lachey who is signed with Jive records. American Idol is part of the same family of labels or rather under the same umbrella as Jive so it would have been unethical to allow her to go on. Her friend tells Amy that she is really fine with it and has something in the works already...also she is dating one of the dancers from Dancing with the stars.

So I wish her luck!!

Comments (70)