SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
bug_girl

trying to run the 64 bit version of Vista

bug_girl
16 years ago

I had xp, so I bought the upgrade to vista. It was 32 bit and I got it from new egg. Microsoft said, I could send in for a 64 bit version. I have a 64 bit processor, so I did that. They sent a disc, it cost me 20, and they were really mean on the phone. Then they did not give me a product code. I keep calling them to get a product code. They tell me they would if they could but the system is updating or sometimes they say, they ran out of product codes. I find this unbelievable.

I could just go back to running the 32 but, but I makes me furious that they are cheating people like this. I will post again, if I ever do get a product code. They also claim, they emailed one to me. They did not. I have given then ID for the disc.

Then they point out I have only 20 days left of support. I would suggest not buying the 32 bit version, if you want 64 bit, just wait and buy that. This is just a nightmare. They won't call me or email me when it's ready. They say, I have to keep calling them again and again. I was up half the night because it was not working properly.

The 32 bit version works fine, but I don't know what kind of game microsoft is playing by jerking me around. Either give me the code or admit they don't want to. Then I suggested I should get my money back for the disc, and they said, good, first I would have to return the disc, and after paying for that, almost no money would be recovered, and most of it was spent on postage anyway. So, I am not going to do that. I wish I had some other course of action to pursue. At least I can warn other people against this.

Comments (2)

Sponsored
A.I.S. Renovations Ltd.
Average rating: 4.5 out of 5 stars15 Reviews
Custom Craftsmanship & Construction Solutions in Franklin County