SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
grandms

Network problem

grandms
14 years ago

I connect to the Internet using Verizon wireless broadband. I have my desktop and laptop networked via a Cradlepoint CTR350 router, especially for this type of connection. The Verizon USB modem connects directly to the router and the desktop computer is connected to the router via ethernet (CAT 5) cable. The laptop connects (usually) wirelessly. However, there have been times when the laptop will not connect, or it will be connected and show "acquiring network address" in the tray. Today, I could not get it to connect wirelessly at all. I am now connected via the ethernet cable between laptop and router, but this "acquiring network address" is still showing. I am typing this on the laptop at present. The built-in wireless adapter is Broadcom 802.11b/g and the LAN controller is NVIDIA nForce Networking Controller. As far as I know all drivers are updated. I would like to get the wireless working again since we plan a trip next month.

Why is it doing this, and what can I do to remedy the situation? Thanks for any help offered.

Comments (11)