SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
geezerfolks_sharon

AVG - Outlook Express

The guy who built my computer has just installed AVG (trial version) after Norton kept missing important spyware stuff in my computer.

Ever since AVG, I have been having trouble with OE. Servers techs and I have been over my pop3 settings dozens of times. Last time I made a recommended 'check this box' by the tech, I didn't get OE immediately but a little later it came up instantly with all the new messages. Since then, (3-4 days) it has only came up 1 more time.

I finally noticed that all other times besides those two, AVG popped up a window like it was scanning a couple dozen messages then 60 seconds later I get a window that says that my server hasn't responded in 60 seconds. behind that window, I have been getting a couple of different messages at different times. ' time out has occurred while connecting with server" being the most prevelant one. the other one was, "error AVG proxy server cannot connect with mailserver" This keeps a repeating cycle until I x everything out.

Both times that OE opened right up there was no sign of that AVG mail scan window.

I'm not of a mind to subscribe to AVG if it messes up my server mail.

Is this something common that can corrected with AVG, or is it a server problem?

Thanks,

Geezerman

Comment (1)