SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
adoptedbygreyhounds

Love stories

In honor of Valentines Day, here are my grandparents and parents love stories. Hope you will feel free to post your own love stories.

My grandfather had been courting my grandmother (my motherÂs mother) for a while and decided she was the one and went to her father to ask for her hand in marriage. This would have been around 1910 to 1912. Her father said he couldnÂt approve the match because grandfather was a professional baseball player and he didnÂt feel that was a reliable way to earn a living and support his daughter. But if grandfather would find a more acceptable line of work, he would give his blessing. And so he did. My grandfather became a traveling salesman for a menÂs clothing company, they were married, and my mother was born in 1915.

Apparently, at age 36, my father fell in love with my mother (age 22) from across the room, at first sight, and had to meet her. Being somewhat proper and victorian, he insisted on doing things correctly and needed an introduction. He finally realized that the girlfriend of his colleague at work lived in the same boarding house as my future mother. My mother said that the entire office (she was a Girl Scout executive) knew what was going on and gathered discretely to watch as my father and his friend walked through the office up to her desk and formal introductions were made.

They were married in 1937, had three children, five grandchildren, and celebrated 50 years together.

Dear husband and I are celebrating our own love story today. We were married 39 years ago, and in another blizzard.

WhoÂs next with a love story to share?

Comments (5)