SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
firstkim

iTunes & USB Flash Drives

firstkim
16 years ago

I'd like to transfer some of the material from my iTunes library on my computer to a couple of flash drives and regain some hard drive space. Lordy, would I like that 4GB back. I'm running into several problems, however, and I'm hoping the wise and kindly folk here can once again rescue me from my ignorance.

Okay, first the vital info. I'm running Windows XP, my USB drive is 2.0 (did I state that correctly?), and the brand for the flash drives is Attache, if that makes any difference.

Now the problems. First, iTunes doesn't "see" a flash drive. I guess I get around this by going into Windows Explorer and transferring files that way. Except...

Second, the files I want to transfer aren't simple songs. They're audiobooks. And I can't find them. Oh, sure, they're right there in the iTunes library, but when I try to run a search in Windows Explorer, it comes up empty. I've tried searches using book titles and simply the word "audiobook." I've tried having it look under music files and under all files and folders. I keep drawing a blank.

I can't transfer the books to CDs because the files are too huge (I've tried.) And I can't afford to go buy a DVD burner. Flash drives seemed like the ideal media for buying back hard drive space. (Simply storing the books on the iPod isn't an option either - not only am I running out of space there, too, but I've already had to reset the thing once and would have lost a considerable investment if I hadn't been able to reload them from the computer.)

Can you help, or am I hopeless?

Comment (1)