SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
jane2_gw

aborting 'movie script'

Hi all;

Many times when I log into a yahoo group - I am on an envronmental yahoo group, a knitting yahoo group, as well as a yahoo group of non-oprofits - I get a message entitled "Macromedia Flash Player 6", which says:

"A script in this movie is causing Macromedia Flash Player 6 to run slowly. If it continues to run, your computer may become unresponsive. Do you want to abort the script? Yes No".

I have Norton Anti Virus 2007, plus SpywareBlaster running in the background. This is a Compaq computer with a 3200+ AMD Sempron Processor, running WIndows XP (I think). I use Mozilla Firefox almost exclusively.

I am NOT playing any movie when this message appears - and slows the computer waaaay down.

Aborting the script - by hitting Yes - does not always work the first time. The computer continues to be very, very slow until the message appears for the second time and Yes is hit again.

I have tried to Find Macromedia Flash Player on my computer (in order to delete it entirely). I had no luck finding it however.

When reading the FAQ here, someone said that Adobe Flash was formerly Macromedia Flash. All I have on my computer is Adobe Reader 8; and Adobe Photoshop Album (which I downloaded by mistake).

Two questions: What is causing this? and What can I do?

Sorry for the long ramble, but I am going crazy.

Thank you, Jane2

Comments (4)